Any way to inject power to USB C cable? (Remote PS5 setup)

acarney

Having a new house built and kinda going Linus style with all my hardware in a mechanical room and fiber/conduit to a few different rooms. 

I’m pondering if it would be possible to centralize my PS5 in the mechanical room and use a 1x2 HDMI splitter/mirror to run a video signal to both a bedroom wall jack and living room projector wall jack. Then  using a long active USB cable (~50 foot) to connect to the PlayStation in two different ports and run to keystones in the two rooms and setting the controller to be wired and not wireless. If that works, my only issue would be injecting power the last few feet in the room I’m in.

Even if this only works if I carry my controller between the rooms so only one controller is ever plugged in at the same time and even if I need to unplug the HDMI cable from the wall jack at the end of a game session so it doesn’t automatically kick on a TV in the room I’m not in, this would be a fantastic solution.

I get rid of the heat, the sound, have the flexibility to switch rooms if I want a giant projector or a 120hz TV or if someone else wants to watch a movie but I’m gaming etc. 

Does this seem doable? I assume having the extended USB cable plugged from console into a powered hub and then a standard cable from the hub to the controller wouldn’t work?

usb C dock with a dedicated Power Supply.

Run the data to the dock, and then let its own power power all the things

11 minutes ago, tkitch said:

usb C dock with a dedicated Power Supply.

Run the data to the dock, and then let its own power power all the things

Interesting. I was wondering if having a powered dock between the controller and PS5 would work or if that would somehow keep the PS5 from seeing the controller…