Fan setup for new build

Cazom
Go to solution Solved by it_dont_work,

For what it's worth I'd do this 

-Three rad fans exhausting out the top

-rear mounted as an exhaust to pull a little air over the vrm as well. 

-buy a couple of high air flow 120mm for the bottom.

Or - Ditch the rear exhaust and just balance it with two 120s in the bottom a 360 will likely suck enough air through 

Or- get a 280 instead. 

can't recommend fans I'm still using old corsair maglev fans

Basically you want more cfm in than out to help keep the dust filters working effectively (positive pressure), but it kinda doesn't matter as long as there's air moving up other the top of the mobo in your case. It's not exact and there aren't really any standard configs.  

I am looking for some pointers for a cooling setup for my case. I have the following build:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tYcZWt

The case is an Asus AP201, which comes with 1 fan Preinstalled at the rear. I will have a 360mm AIO at the top. I think there is space for two fans at the bottom: I don't know if it has any fan support for the front. So I think I need two additional 120mm fans. Does anyone have recommendations for decent ones?

Also is there a standard intake/outtake config which works?

Thank you

Or - Ditch the rear exhaust and just balance it with two 120s in the bottom a 360 will likely suck enough air through 

Or- get a 280 instead. 

Basically you want more cfm in than out to help keep the dust filters working effectively (positive pressure), but it kinda doesn't matter as long as there's air moving up other the top of the mobo in your case. It's not exact and there aren't really any standard configs.  

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

16 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Or- get a 280 instead. 

I was thinking of picking up a couple of these for the bottom. https://www.scan.co.uk/products/be-quiet!-pure-wings-3-120mm-pwm-high-speed

The highest CFM I could find at 101.2, should be enough to provide positive pressure despite 1x120 exhaust and the 3x120s on the rads exhausting?

By the way, I would of assumed it would be better for the rads to be intaking cool air rather than expelling warmed air over the fins, how comes this isnt a thing?

My motherboard only has 1 PWM fan header, would I be okay getting a hub and using one of the intakes im buying as the feedback/control signal?

Thank you and sorry for all the q!

52 minutes ago, Cazom said:

I am looking for some pointers for a cooling setup for my case. I have the following build:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tYcZWt

The case is an Asus AP201, which comes with 1 fan Preinstalled at the rear. I will have a 360mm AIO at the top. I think there is space for two fans at the bottom: I don't know if it has any fan support for the front. So I think I need two additional 120mm fans. Does anyone have recommendations for decent ones?

Also is there a standard intake/outtake config which works?

Thank you

The entire case is mesh so a lot of fans are not really necessary.

The PSU draws air from the front and exhausts towards the top. I didn't see a PSU in the pcpartpicker build. Ideally you will be using a 160mm or shorter model.

The GPU will draw air from the bottom. You could add a couple of bottom intake fans, but I doubt they are really needed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.