LG OLEDC7P mainboard upgrade possibilities

Forlornmarlin79

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/s/59nTuSDEJD

This reddit was from 3 years ago somone started a c7 to c9 but didnt say it worked would anyone know if the main board is swappable so i can use earc and 120htz vrr and gsync my model umber is lgoledc7p-u and from what the reddit helped me understand is that i need to get the mainboard wifi Bluetooth and ir card and new remote for the series and what cords do i need ik one is not a ribbon cable and to mod the psu on the tv to fit the 24 pin and possibly sacrifice speakers but totally fine with that as i have a home theater and soundbar if anyone knows if this will work plz reply

Honestly, I would recommend not doing this without significant support from Reddit or a similar space of semi experts like the badcaps.net forum. 
If you want to really dive into it you could start peeping pics of the control boards and asking around if people have had success. And admittedly, if you have the cash to replace it if it all blows up in your face, as long as the board shape, voltages, and pinouts are all in sync, you could just try it and see. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Well let say the shape fits but not the same mount holes but can make my own for it the voltage should be fine not going to use the speakers it's not a 65 or 77 inch screen so power is ok and specifically what are the pinouts not heard that reference on pcs and for sync do you mean the tcon

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 3:43 AM, Forlornmarlin79 said:

Well let say the shape fits but not the same mount holes but can make my own for it the voltage should be fine not going to use the speakers it's not a 65 or 77 inch screen so power is ok and specifically what are the pinouts not heard that reference on pcs and for sync do you mean the tcon

You found any help yet mate ? Im looking for the exact same. Ive been eyeing this upgrade for a year now and finally want to bite the bullet. Only thing i find online is some reddit posts in bad english

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2024 at 3:31 PM, Bigdogg said:

You found any help yet mate ? Im looking for the exact same. Ive been eyeing this upgrade for a year now and finally want to bite the bullet. Only thing i find online is some reddit posts in bad english

Were they by spiritual print by a chance that was me trying to find stuff on this