Motherboard can't detect boot drives, but does detect drives

ca094102-6f2e-49c0-aecc-7eafa9912a68.thumb.jpg.d6459ff177ca9d0ee34ec0a08db59171.jpg20231228_165209.thumb.jpg.35d48f7e4dbb8f84f0b3a02379635086.jpg

RDT_20231228_1644191272089076733961265.thumb.jpg.e3cdb1f7d42ae2db2eedeedb90726305.jpg

I've been using an old pc ad a minecraft server on and off for the past 3years the pc contains an a10-6700 apu 16gb of ddr3 ram and a gt620 (all the parts are from an old prebuilt the acer tc-130). (I'm gonna call it a server for a large part of this even tho technically it is just a regular desktop)

The pc has been working for the last 3yrs, as the nature as a second older pc I've cycled alot of components in and out including multiple harddrives and os (windows 8.1 , windows 10, 11(even tho it's unsupported I goy it working) and ubuntu server) 

The server was working last week when I decided to switch out the mechanical harddtive into my main pc to speed up chunk loading, the drive ended up dying a day in probably unrelated but gor detail. So I decided to use my 500gb crucial sata ssd to have the minecraft server on with ubuntu server as the os (same as the harddrive) point is i finish rendering the world and went to put the ssd into the server and was met with a reboot or insert proper boot media. Since I've attempted to use 4 different drives a harddrive with Windows 11 on a harddrive with ubuntu server on and my ssd i plan to use with ubuntu server and even tried to use a blank drive and install ubuntu server onto it with boot media which worked whilst installing but after restarting as part of the install process (the part when removing the usb stick) it can't detect a boot device.

Since I've tried 5 different ram sticks, a range of different sata cables. I've some what attempted tk change bios settings but have a limited knowledge do a fix to the issue is likely to be seated there if there is one. The only other thing I could suspect is the powersupply howrver the harddrives spin to life on power on so this doesn't seem to be an issue any input is appreciated there's 2 links showing below. (Don't judge me for being on carpet and using motherboard boxes to keep of it ik it's risky but I don't rlly have many other option available at the momment)

Boot without keyboard:

https://youtube.com/shorts/LdTeL4OqOGM?si=-YN1-Oj4UObUbapt

Bios and boot with keyboard:

https://youtu.be/zn2lzjh9ZkY?si=9L89AV98_yAI7V8n

16 minutes ago, Louiespitfire said:

So I decided to use my 500gb crucial sata ssd to have the minecraft server on with ubuntu server as the os (same as the harddrive) point is i finish rendering the world and went to put the ssd into the server and was met with a reboot or insert proper boot media.

Sounds a lot to me like you installed ubuntu on this drive while probably having another OS on the same PC and there not being a bootloader partition on your drive.

A Clean install in the "servers" hardware itself should work though so that is odd.

Maybe check if you BIOS boot option is legacy or UEFI and try the opposite.

I'd also try the Fixing Boot Failure part from this article to see if that gets your Ubuntu installation into a bootable state.

How to Use Grub Rescue to Fix Linux Boot Failure | phoenixNAP KB

2 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

Sounds a lot to me like you installed ubuntu on this drive while probably having another OS on the same PC and there not being a bootloader partition on your drive.

A Clean install in the "servers" hardware itself should work though so that is odd.

Maybe check if you BIOS boot option is legacy or UEFI and try the opposite.

I'd also try the Fixing Boot Failure part from this article to see if that gets your Ubuntu installation into a bootable state.

How to Use Grub Rescue to Fix Linux Boot Failure | phoenixNAP KB

Yh I'll look at the article to try to fix it the only problem is now I'm a bit desperate to maintain the current data on linux cos I have the full world generated which takes ages to do again especially on slower hardware ti could take a month but thanks for the link I'll read it now

2 hours ago, Louiespitfire said:

I've been using an old pc ad a minecraft server on and off for the past 3years the pc contains an a10-6700 apu 16gb of ddr3 ram and a gt620 (all the parts are from an old prebuilt the acer tc-130). (I'm gonna call it a server for a large part of this even tho technically it is just a regular desktop)

The pc has been working for the last 3yrs, as the nature as a second older pc I've cycled alot of components in and out including multiple harddrives and os (windows 8.1 , windows 10, 11(even tho it's unsupported I goy it working) and ubuntu server) 

The server was working last week when I decided to switch out the mechanical harddtive into my main pc to speed up chunk loading, the drive ended up dying a day in probably unrelated but gor detail. So I decided to use my 500gb crucial sata ssd to have the minecraft server on with ubuntu server as the os (same as the harddrive) point is i finish rendering the world and went to put the ssd into the server and was met with a reboot or insert proper boot media. Since I've attempted to use 4 different drives a harddrive with Windows 11 on a harddrive with ubuntu server on and my ssd i plan to use with ubuntu server and even tried to use a blank drive and install ubuntu server onto it with boot media which worked whilst installing but after restarting as part of the install process (the part when removing the usb stick) it can't detect a boot device.

Since I've tried 5 different ram sticks, a range of different sata cables. I've some what attempted tk change bios settings but have a limited knowledge do a fix to the issue is likely to be seated there if there is one. The only other thing I could suspect is the powersupply howrver the harddrives spin to life on power on so this doesn't seem to be an issue any input is appreciated there's 2 links showing below. (Don't judge me for being on carpet and using motherboard boxes to keep of it ik it's risky but I don't rlly have many other option available at the momment)

Boot without keyboard:

https://youtube.com/shorts/LdTeL4OqOGM?si=-YN1-Oj4UObUbapt

Bios and boot with keyboard:

https://youtu.be/zn2lzjh9ZkY?si=9L89AV98_yAI7V8n

The bizarre thing is that the bios detects the device but it cannot be selected in the boot order menu despite having an os installed (the issue persists across drives and windows and Linux so it's unlikely to be a bootloader issue as to my knowledge they are stored on the drive 17037815585436805959608828500579.thumb.jpg.96a0dc203091c322ff040273bf13fb17.jpg17037816145773785374622161899405.thumb.jpg.85779206439d3ec774dfb3d40491b138.jpg