Compatibility Question

Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

You're 8 BIOS versions behind either way - I'd update it anyways. 

I'm getting a Ryzen 5 3600 as an upgrade to a 1600, and I have a MSI A320M Bazooka motherboard. The compatibility list says the required BIOS is 7A38v2I, I have checked my BIOS, and it is 7A38v28. When I check for BIOS updates on the MSI website, there is no v2I. Will my BIOS work? Or do I need to update my BIOS? If so, can you guys give me tips on how? I've watched the MSI video on it, and I just want to be safe. Thanks.

You're 8 BIOS versions behind either way - I'd update it anyways. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Some BIOS updating tips, take them or leave them.

• If you don't have a UPS, get a UPS. If the power flickers while your BIOS is flashing, your board might turn to toast. UPSes are pretty cheap, but they can save a lot of headache later.
  • Follow the instructions! (RTFM) Following the procedure (and even printing it out and crossing steps off as you complete them) will make sure you don't accidentally skip any important steps.
  • Take pictures of your old BIOS configuration, especially if there are weird settings that you changed. Loading a new BIOS version can erase some or all of these settings, depending on what board you have and how the upgrade tool works.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."