painting sabertooth thermal armour?

zakc123

hi, i was wondering if painting the thermal armour (white) on a sabertooth z97 would void the warranty? If not then what would be the best way to do it? 

thanks for any help

The sabertooth is a pretty solid board, my z77 has been going the whole time. I dunno if it deems the warranty void. But I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I have much faith in the Sabertooth boards.

I wonder if it would be possible to get it dipped in chrome. Might look awful, might look awesome, I've never seen that done before, though it might cause some shorting issues between components? I dunno.

The sabertooth is a pretty solid board, my z77 has been going the whole time. I dunno if it deems the warranty void. But I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I have much faith in the Sabertooth boards.

I wonder if it would be possible to get it dipped in chrome. Might look awful, might look awesome, I've never seen that done before, though it might cause some shorting issues between components? I dunno.

ye i think chrome might be a bit too much, i am getting a h440 case so a really glossy white should look pretty good imo

nice, yeah go for the white, that will look very cool indeed!

ye i think chrome might be a bit too much, i am getting a h440 case so a really glossy white should look pretty good imo

lol, yeah, i don't know why i mentioned that chrome dipping thing, just the first random thing that popped into my head...

Yup I painted it white have a look through my profile and you'll find it. I'm on my phone so I can't post the pics here

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

@zakc123

When it comes to warranty the only info I've found was this.

I don't have any guidelines for painting it, but I imagine as long as common sense is applied it shouldn't be a problem.
Could always just RMA it without the armour.

Motherboard warranty Sabertooth Z87

So we can RMA a Sabertooth without the armor? neato.

It will void the warranty.

Here is a video!

Any more info on that? A personal experience perhaps? Look at my post above yours. I'm curious because the Sabertooth is probably what I'll buy, so any info you can share can be useful. :)

Any more info on that? A personal experience perhaps? Look at my post above yours. I'm curious because the Sabertooth is probably what I'll buy, so any info you can share can be useful. :)

Nor sure about the specifics, sorry.

Nor sure about the specifics, sorry.

would i need the warranty for the board thou? after i checked that everything works, is there much point because ive heard that there very reliable?

Since nobody has mentioned it yet. Plasti dip it. Snef did it on one of his build logs on this forum. this way it won't void warranty and can be removed if it doesn't look good

Warranty is void if you RMA it with any alterations. so any paint that is permanent is a no-go

Plastidip is your only option. 

10257086_10152934182956490_5218919861845

this was my second attempt because i messed up the first one. Just peeled it off and redid it.

988480_10152934182891490_705236879880358

plastidipppppppppppp, but make sure you don't platidip heat-sinks. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

It will void the warranty.

Here is a video!

His nails freak me the hell out.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Who's nails?

The goth guy from tek syndicate. His nails are like a a mile long. I know its really petty but I can't take somebody seriously who has nails longer than any girl I've ever dated.

http://youtu.be/rI_po8b2Dzw?t=30s

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

They sell the thermal armour separately don't they (or do I have that wrong?). If so, paint away and if you need to return the board, buy new armour.