Dell T5810 Cooler Upgrade

OakleyG

Hi currently using a T5810 as my gaming rig, has a 1060 6gb in it and a E5-1650 V3 with the stock dell cooler. Would like to know what cpu cooler would fit nice on a budget and perform better than the current one if i was to try overclocking. Any GPU upgrade tips would be nice as i have noticed a bottleneck with the 1060 6GB.

Have you checked to confirm that your motherboard supports overclocking? Those workstation PCs almost never come with a motherboard that allows for the CPU to be overclocked.

16 minutes ago, OakleyG said:

Hi currently using a T5810 as my gaming rig, has a 1060 6gb in it and a E5-1650 V3 with the stock dell cooler. Would like to know what cpu cooler would fit nice on a budget and perform better than the current one if i was to try overclocking. Any GPU upgrade tips would be nice as i have noticed a bottleneck with the 1060 6GB.

Most Dell crap boards have custom cooler attachement, can't upgrade them, unless you juryrig it yourself

And your chip is locked, can't OC unless tweaking FSB, but chances are the gimped Dell BIOS won't allow that neither

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I don't think the T5810 board supports overclocking.

The stock heatsink (part number YH2R3) is more than adequate for any up to 145 watt CPU you'd throw into the thing.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Have you checked to confirm that your motherboard supports overclocking? Those workstation PCs almost never come with a motherboard that allows for the CPU to be overclocked.

ive seen some posts of the T5810 being overclocked on the stock board so i was just really wondering.

9 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Most Dell crap boards have custom cooler attachement, can't upgrade them, unless you juryrig it yourself

And your chip is locked, can't OC unless tweaking FSB, but chances are the gimped Dell BIOS won't allow that neither

ive seen this tower be overclocked on some posts i found just wanted to know if there was any somewhat easy ways about it.

I don't know about the cooler, but I have put a GTX 1070 in a t5810 and in ran gear.

I just put a blower 5700XT in one and that will get bottlenecked in some games. In Hogwarts Legacy I'm getting 50%-60% GPU usage.

12 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

I don't know about the cooler, but I have put a GTX 1070 in a t5810 and in ran gear.

I just put a blower 5700XT in one and that will get bottlenecked in some games. In Hogwarts Legacy I'm getting 50%-60% GPU usage.

yeah ive got a gtx 1060 in mine atm, was looking at a 2070 in the future.