Question: Can Corsair CX600M handle AMD R9 270X

garmada
Go to solution Solved by Manny Calavera,

It wont push it to maximum even if you have 8350 and overclock both.

Hello, i need to know if corsair CX600M power supply handle AMD R9 270X, i looked on reviews (and numbers) and technically it would work but i like to make sure, also i am worried about noise if gpu will push psu at maximum.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: AMD R9 270X
HDD: 3x Western Digital 1T
SSD: 1x Samsung EVO 120 GB for OS

Thanks.

P.S. English is not my native language.

yea more then enough power

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Yes it will work, do you already have the corsair cx600M? cause it isn't the best powersupply out there because it will make some noise.

Even a 500w will be fine, If you haven't bought the cx600m already look for  Seasonic powersupply.

Yes it will work, do you already have the corsair cx600M? cause it isn't the best powersupply out there because it will make some noise.

True. Any above 400watt seasonic or xfx power supply would be better.

If you are worried about noise so much, don't get a cheap PSU.

This thing will make noise, coil whine and loud fan.

Source: I have a cx600m and a cx750m myself both make noise.

I already have cx600M and i never can hear any noise from my case (Fractal design R3 and Noctua cooler on CPU). Thanks all for replies.  :)

This thing will make noise, coil whine and loud fan.

Source: I have a cx600m and a cx750m myself both make noise.

That might just be you. I've worked with several that were fine. Coil whine can happen to any psu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Issues like coil whine are not certainties for a certain series of units. My AX760 has coil whine. Not all of them do. Some good units have it, some bad ones do.

And to add my answer, even though it's the same. The R9 270X uses about 280W at the most. The i3 4130 has a 54W TDP. You might use about 400W total. Some might say a 600W unit is a little overkill. A CX500M could do the job just fine as well.