New Build. Can't Access UEFI.

Protospark

So I am building a new PC from some random parts I was able to get on bargain deals. And I can't access the BIOS. No windows installed but I do get a post with the ASUS splash screen and then the Ami screen showing my drives and the USB boot drive. I've tried spamming the delete and F2 keys. Switching between 3 wired keyboards and I know for certain they all work. Tried removing CMOS battery for 5 minutes. 

Asus Prime H510-E

Core i7-11700k

16gb (2x8) G.Skill DDR4

XFX RX-6600

Samsung EVO 500gb

58 minutes ago, Protospark said:

So I am building a new PC from some random parts I was able to get on bargain deals. And I can't access the BIOS. No windows installed but I do get a post with the ASUS splash screen and then the Ami screen showing my drives and the USB boot drive. I've tried spamming the delete and F2 keys. Switching between 3 wired keyboards and I know for certain they all work. Tried removing CMOS battery for 5 minutes. 

Asus Prime H510-E

Core i7-11700k

16gb (2x8) G.Skill DDR4

XFX RX-6600

Samsung EVO 500gb

Weird, a forum post says maybe try holding del before powering on, seems unlikely to be the fix so maybe try booting into linux or easier windows and holding shift while restarting to access the BIOS from there to maybe help you get some clues as to WHAT is going on

Most Asus motherboards use Del as their interrupt during the POST (power-on self-test) sequence. When the Asus logo shows on your monitor, the PC has passed its POST sequence and is ready for the bootloader to load an operating system. At this point, but before the bootloader actually starts working, you should have one or two seconds to press Del, which will send an interrupt to the BIOS and prevent the bootloader from actually loading, instead directing you to the UEFI/BIOS.

Don't press and hold the Del or F2 key. Instead, repeatedly press and release the Del and/or F2 key. Neither key will let you exit the UEFI/BIOS, and once you're in the UEFI/BIOS, no action is mapped to these keys, so you won't do anything other than enter the UEFI/BIOS, even if you keep pressing these keys.

I really don't think this is your issue (since it sounds like your system is passing the POST), but if all else fails, your motherboard appears to have Asus' CrashFree BIOS feature, which allows you to flash the BIOS using a special port on the rear I/O without needing an operating system. Grab the latest BIOS file from Asus's website and try flashing it using their instructions, which can be found in the motherboard manual.

(And just in case you haven't tried, make sure your keyboard is plugged into the rear I/O ports while you're trying to press the Del key to enter the UEFI/BIOS - I don't think Asus does this, but some boards don't initialize the front I/O ports until later in the POST sequence.)

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

6 hours ago, Protospark said:

Asus Prime H510-E

Core i7-11700k

16gb (2x8) G.Skill DDR4

XFX RX-6600

Samsung EVO 500gb

I can't make much sense of your description. Photos, or a better description of the problem would help.

However, I'm guessing reading your BIOS manual  (page 5 is pretty good) is all you need to do. Might be in EZ mode, or you're going to the drive selection menu.

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!