Are these temperature numbers normal ?

During this test i was watching Youtube video on 1080p and downloading a 50 GB file in background on Brave browser with 7 tabs opened at the same time. I have checked there was no background running app which can cause these temps. Laptop spec - 

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58
Intel® Core™ i7-12650H 16 GB RAM
RTX 3070 ti at 150 W

Room temperature was around 25 degrees and laptop was placed on a table with good ventilation for air circulation. 
What can be the solution if this is not normal ?

Laptop is 6 months old even checked vents which are not dirty at all. 

Temps.png

Laptops run hot naturally but this looks absolutely messed up to me. Hovering at +90 is not normal. If you're sure there aren't any malewares or background apps running, then you've gotta figure out what's going on with the hardware side of things. I would take it to the store I bought it from or warranty.

23 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

Laptops run hot naturally but this looks absolutely messed up to me. Hovering at +90 is not normal. If you're sure there aren't any malewares or background apps running, then you've gotta figure out what's going on with the hardware side of things. I would take it to the store I bought it from or warranty.

I have checked background apps. Now i will scan with malware bytes. Btw it touched 98 for a sec only. 

27 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

Update - No malware found by malwarebytes

35 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

I have heard from many users on other forums where they say "That's how gaming laptops are" normalising such number. I have no idea that its exceptional or not. I have been pc user all my life. 

It's quite normal for laptop

Mine is AN515-45 with Ryzen 5800H CPU, it casually goes to max temp 91C but won't sustain that long

There is still a way to lower the temp a bit without sacrificing the performance

The good thing for your laptop, is that it's undervoltable

Here's the link for your reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DX1UJa65JM&t=199s

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

On 12/22/2023 at 11:14 PM, Vardaan said:

During this test i was watching Youtube video on 1080p and downloading a 50 GB file in background on Brave browser with 7 tabs opened at the same time. I have checked there was no background running app which can cause these temps. Laptop spec - 

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58
Intel® Core™ i7-12650H 16 GB RAM
RTX 3070 ti at 150 W

Room temperature was around 25 degrees and laptop was placed on a table with good ventilation for air circulation. 
What can be the solution if this is not normal ?

Laptop is 6 months old even checked vents which are not dirty at all. 

Temps.png

TL;DR: you would need to use a real benchmark to actually be able to determine much. But that isn't really the question. The real question is have you updated everything on the laptop.

For example:

image.thumb.png.74649614adcc8f705c64edea8025d5be.png

image.thumb.png.a6d85ef3191ecd453f19b6ffcfdf036a.png

While what you tried to test is interesting, it's a very inaccurate way to measure what you're trying to measure. There are just too many variables. We would also have to know:

• What speed your download is?
    • If you've got Gigabit internet, that's a much different load put on the processor than say... 7Mb DSL
  • What is running in the other Brave tabs?
    • For example, 7 videos playing is different than 7 pages of text which is different than an AutoCAD website, which is different than a website infected with crypto mining JavaScript, which is different than a site with poorly programmed ads
  • What version of Windows are you using? Windows 11 handles the P & E cores better than Windows 10
  • Is Windows Update chugging along in the background
  • Is Windows Defender doing a scan in the background
  • Was the laptop plugged in? Or running on battery?
  • What Windows Power Profile are you using?
  • What fan profile is the computer using?
  • And most important of all, how did Acer configure the Intel CPU as far as power/cooling/power package goes, turbo clocks etc.
    • And then, if there's options in the UEFI for the CPU (which I know Dell has, not sure about Acer) how are those settings set?
  • ℹ️ Also, don't forget, a laptop running on A/C power will very likely behave very differently than one running on battery due to switching power profiles and potentially total power package for the GPU and CPU

And this is why you should update everything first... and see how the fan curves are set. Much easier than trying to create a test 🙂

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

On 12/23/2023 at 3:18 AM, ImWilly said:

It's quite normal for laptop

Mine is AN515-45 with Ryzen 5800H CPU, it casually goes to max temp 91C but won't sustain that long

There is still a way to lower the temp a bit without sacrificing the performance

The good thing for your laptop, is that it's undervoltable

Here's the link for your reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DX1UJa65JM&t=199s

I have followed this video and temps are down but still hitting between 89 and 93 while gaming. Should i undo this and follow the steps of video given by you ?

On 12/23/2023 at 3:42 AM, problemsolver said:

TL;DR: you would need to use a real benchmark to actually be able to determine much. But that isn't really the question. The real question is have you updated everything on the laptop.

For example:

image.thumb.png.74649614adcc8f705c64edea8025d5be.png

image.thumb.png.a6d85ef3191ecd453f19b6ffcfdf036a.png

While what you tried to test is interesting, it's a very inaccurate way to measure what you're trying to measure. There are just too many variables. We would also have to know:

• What speed your download is?
    • If you've got Gigabit internet, that's a much different load put on the processor than say... 7Mb DSL
  • What is running in the other Brave tabs?
    • For example, 7 videos playing is different than 7 pages of text which is different than an AutoCAD website, which is different than a website infected with crypto mining JavaScript, which is different than a site with poorly programmed ads
  • What version of Windows are you using? Windows 11 handles the P & E cores better than Windows 10
  • Is Windows Update chugging along in the background
  • Is Windows Defender doing a scan in the background
  • Was the laptop plugged in? Or running on battery?
  • What Windows Power Profile are you using?
  • What fan profile is the computer using?
  • And most important of all, how did Acer configure the Intel CPU as far as power/cooling/power package goes, turbo clocks etc.
    • And then, if there's options in the UEFI for the CPU (which I know Dell has, not sire about Acer) how are those settings set?
  • ℹ️ Also, don't forget, a laptop running on A/C power will very likely behave very differently than one running on battery due to switching power profiles and potentially total power package for the GPU and CPU

And this is why you should update everything first... and see how the fan curves are set. Much easier than trying to create a test 🙂

Yes, i have updated everything on my laptop. What latest and greatest acer have on their website regarding my laptop. 
My internets speed is 90 Mbps.

Most of the those tabs were Youtube videos(paused) and whatsapp tab.

I am on Windows 11
No Windows update was not running.
I have turned on Defender real time protection. Defender screen process runs in background.
Laptop was plugged in during the test.
Power profile was on Balanced
I have checked with nitro sense as well. Temps remain similar and fan speed has no effect because by default some process of NitroSense run in the background.
I don't know configuration set by Acer and never checked. Its mainly on default settings.

3 hours ago, Vardaan said:

I have followed this video and temps are down but still hitting between 89 and 93 while gaming. Should i undo this and follow the steps of video given by you ?

I have never used Throttle stop before, but the video I shared before is using first party developer by intel (Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility)

I can't see any reason not to, it's worth a shot

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord