Ubuntu to Windows 11

DanyaG
Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,
38 minutes ago, DanyaG said:

wont let me me install windows on any drives, not sure why that is) PLEASE HELP!

You need to delete all partitions listed on the drive selection screen (for drive you want to windows to). Then select the unallocated space to proceed to install windows (may need click format button first)

Please Help!!!! I switched to ubuntu and completely erased the drive, so now Ubuntu is the only OS on this ssd, I need to revert back to windows 11 but cannot do so, I've tried following videos on youtube and other websites and none of them help, can someone please point me in the right direction and maybe provide in depth steps to fix this. (one more thing, i have been able to get to the windows install screen but it wont let me me install windows on any drives, not sure why that is) PLEASE HELP!

38 minutes ago, DanyaG said:

wont let me me install windows on any drives, not sure why that is) PLEASE HELP!

You need to delete all partitions listed on the drive selection screen (for drive you want to windows to). Then select the unallocated space to proceed to install windows (may need click format button first)

34 minutes ago, DanyaG said:

i have been able to get to the windows install screen but it wont let me me install windows on any drives

Did you click each partition and then Delete? If that doesn't do it, you'll want to jump over to diskpart by bringing up the command prompt with Shift+F10. From there, run diskpart

diskpart

list disk

select disk x (x being the disk you're looking to erase)

clean

• 1 month later...

There is a useful video here that explains how to remove all your partitions:

I would just install Gparted onto a USB flash drive and delete all the partitions using it.

Then boot into the Windows installer. 

The Windows disk partition tool is often dumb and can’t / won’t delete a partition