FSP Hexa+ 400W with new cpu

TheGK
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
20 minutes ago, TheGK said:

I have an fsp hexa+ 400W power supply, and i wondering if it can handle my ryzen 5 3600 and my gtx 1050, also have 16 gb of ram, 1 ssd and 1 hdd

I recently upgraded my old A6-9500 and i don't know if it's enough power for it.

I'll would be happy for any helps and suggestions.

Just try it and see if itll work or not though i suspect itll work just fine since the 3600 and 1050 arent exactly high power draw

If it works fine (which i bet it will) theres no need to swap the psu out as thats just a waste of money

For testing id reccomend prime95 smallest ffts + furmark at the same time which is the absolute worst case scenario you can throw at the thing, youll know that it doesnt work if it shuts off on its own

I have an fsp hexa+ 400W power supply, and i wondering if it can handle my ryzen 5 3600 and my gtx 1050, also have 16 gb of ram, 1 ssd and 1 hdd

I recently upgraded my old A6-9500 and i don't know if it's enough power for it.

11 minutes ago, TheGK said:

It's bad, TierE,  and seems it's pretty old..replace  it

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

While it is old and not great design, yeah it should handle it. 

Ryzen 3600 consumes maybe around 80w ... maximum 100w .. the GTX 1050 consumes maybe 50-60 watts ...   ram consumes maybe 5-6 watts, a hard drive consumes maybe 6-10w, a ssd around 2-3 watts.

As long as the power can supply at least 200-250w on 12v, it should work. 

20 minutes ago, TheGK said:

Just try it and see if itll work or not though i suspect itll work just fine since the 3600 and 1050 arent exactly high power draw

If it works fine (which i bet it will) theres no need to swap the psu out as thats just a waste of money

For testing id reccomend prime95 smallest ffts + furmark at the same time which is the absolute worst case scenario you can throw at the thing, youll know that it doesnt work if it shuts off on its own

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

While it is old and not great design, yeah it should handle it. 

Ryzen 3600 consumes maybe around 80w ... maximum 100w .. the GTX 1050 consumes maybe 50-60 watts ...   ram consumes maybe 5-6 watts, a hard drive consumes maybe 6-10w, a ssd around 2-3 watts.

As long as the power can supply at least 200-250w on 12v, it should work. 

Thank you, i want to upgrade it in the future to a 500-600w in 5-6 months. I just wanted to be sure if it can handle it.

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I wrote that post from that pc that i mentioned, i just wanted to be sure if it will be good until i buy a new one.

17 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

It's bad, TierE,  and seems it's pretty old..replace  it

It's and old one yes, i'll upgrade it in the future, i just wanted to be sure if it can handle everything until i buy a new one later.

10 hours ago, TheGK said:

Thank you, i want to upgrade it in the future to a 500-600w in 5-6 months. I just wanted to be sure if it can handle it.

Dont bother with low end garbage units, they have basically no warranty and too low wattage to be futureproof

Id suggest used 750/850w golds that are at most 7 years old (should be around 50$ or less used) if you are on a tight budget

though dont bother upgrading your psu till you actually need a psu upgrade