off brand 360 controller not syncing with wireless receiver for windows

bob95

after my original Xbox 360 controller started giving me some issue, I ordered a new off brand controller, but its not syncing with the original receiver.

the odd thing is the receiver light doesn't turn on and it doesn't show on windows 10 when I plug it in yet it still works fine with my original controller.

I am not sure if the receiver is faulty and I should order a new one since the off brand controller didn't came with its own wireless receiver. 

I would suspect the knock off controller before the receiver.

- First the controller. There are tons of these with the quality being very hit or miss (leaning more on the miss side these days). The 360 controllers used a proprietary wireless connection, does the new controller use this, or is it meant to be Bluetooth? 

Honestly as much as I very much hate to say it, it maybe time to switch to the newer controllers. New parts aren't available for the 360 controllers (such as the joysticks, at least not quality alps ones), many of the replacement 360 controllers you get are not the same. I know the last few I tried, LT and RT were just simple on / off buttons, rather than analog triggers, making them worthless in many games.  This was the point I admitted defeated and swapped over to newer controllers and saved my few working 360 controllers for actual 360 stuff. 

the new controller didn't came with instructions or indication on the box that it uses Bluetooth or any information related to connectivity. it looks exactly like the regular Xbox 360 controller except the silver button has no x on it.

18 hours ago, bob95 said:

the new controller didn't came with instructions or indication on the box that it uses Bluetooth or any information related to connectivity. it looks exactly like the regular Xbox 360 controller except the silver button has no x on it.

I have one looked like that (doesn't mean it's exactly the same), it connected to my 360 adapters. It's ones of the ones that I received that LT/RT weren't analog triggers, just regular buttons. 

Perhaps you got a bad one?

maybe but i am not sure,  since the wireless receiver doesn't seem to function properly (the light isn't turning on and i don't see it recognized by windows when plugged in) yet the original controller still syncs with him.

is your 360 adaptor original or also off brand ? i suspect there might be an issue with that as well

contacted the store, their tech guy said the off brand wont sync with the original wireless adaptor, hopefully they will agree to get the product back since I accidently damaged the package. thanks for the help anyway