White! [Fans and Advice] New Case, AIO, and Paint?

FireEagle244

I just ordered an NZXT H6 (Non-RGB because I don't want to deal with their fans). That being said, I want ARGB fans for my case.

The case has 3x 120mm on the front, 3x 120mm on top, 1x 120mm on the back, and 2x 140mm on bottom. 

I have a Ryzen 7 5700x, currently a Asus Prime B550-Plus Motherboard (Likely upgrading to Asus Prime X570-PRO for overclocking headroom and it looks better). 

I will be getting myself an Asus ROG Strix LC II 360mm AIO for Christmas and I want to have the same (or very similar) fans throughout the case. 

White, good looking, A-RGB fans that won't murder my wallet are the goal.

Ideally if they look similar or are the same as the ones on the AIO, I can save some money.

**(I can also 3D Print brackets to adapt the 140mm fan holes on the bottom to 120mm if need be.

I am going for a all white build and plan to paint my EVGA 3070ti XC3 Graphics Card Backplate and Shroud. [Looks like this]

(Yes, I know it will void the warranty...etc,etc.)

[Likely Paint my RAM white too]

I primarily want fan advice but overall advice on my ideas is welcome as well.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, FireEagle244 said:

Likely upgrading to Asus Prime X570-PRO for overclocking headroom and it looks better

Don't. Ryzen doesn't benefit nearly as well to overclocking as older CPU's or Intel. Not worth spending $150 to get single digit FPS increase. Better to just tighten the RAM timings to good overclocking levels and you'll also see single digit fps increases.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

9 hours ago, venomtail said:

Don't. Ryzen doesn't benefit nearly as well to overclocking as older CPU's or Intel. Not worth spending $150 to get single digit FPS increase. Better to just tighten the RAM timings to good overclocking levels and you'll also see single digit fps increases.

Do you have any fan suggestions?

20 hours ago, FireEagle244 said:

White, good looking, A-RGB fans that won't murder my wallet are the goal.

Not really. I do have my picks but they all will murder your wallet. Kinda contradicting as cheap fans are usually non addressable but at least they're cheap cause their white colour uniformity is off. Both of which you do want

If wallet murdering wasn't a worry I'd get Phanteks D30 fans. The new Corsair ones with temperature sensors in each of them I also like. Then there was this ThermalrightBeQuiet! and Fractal Design. Cheap one sort of cool but I've no idea about its colour uniformity.

I've only dabbled in non RGB fans myself tho. RGB stuff on my rig is not fans.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

Not really. I do have my picks but they all will murder your wallet. Kinda contradicting as cheap fans are usually non addressable but at least they're cheap cause their white colour uniformity is off. Both of which you do want

Thoughts on the Phanteks M25?

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

I've only dabbled in non RGB fans myself tho. RGB stuff on my rig is not fans.

What Forms of RGB do you use? Any product suggestions there? I'm curious as to what your PC looks like.

25 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

Thoughts on the Phanteks M25?

Never used them nor seen any of my friends buy them in real life. Phanteks is a reputable brand, I'd trust it. Seems like only the middle lights up so I've no idea how far the RGB would fade out into the blades. Personally not too big of a design but that's me. No idea how uniform their colour uniformity would be.

25 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

What Forms of RGB do you use? Any product suggestions there? I'm curious as to what your PC looks like.

GPU, RAM, AIO as well as motherboard RGB lighting. When you expand my footer below listed PC parts, you'll see the link. Otherwise the link's here: Current build on PCPartPicker 

Phanteks is also implementing SM ARGB connectors, same as LL, so keep that in mind.

If you want attractive but multi-colored ARGB PWM fans, take a look at Yeston x Zeaginal fans. I don't care about that stuff but they do have a certain appeal. 

As for all white, I'm afraid I don't pay attention to that. Sorry. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂