Just a check up if these temps are normal for R5 7600 (no pbo)

phil7990
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
10 minutes ago, phil7990 said:
I know AMD cpu's and certainly the 7000 series run hot, but I was just wondering, when I should start worrying.
I've observed my cpu from the start and in idle everything is fine. At the start it starts to spike around 63 degrees, then it goes back to the stable 45 degrees.

Warframe: Now only today, I saw a spike which was the highest it has ever been. 80 degrees. And it was when I was gaming, jumping from loading screen to loading screen. It went up to 80 degrees, and stayed there for couple of seconds, and then backed down to 50 degrees. This isn't so heavy CPU bound.

PBO is disabled. It's a waste of energy for me atm. I play at 1080p and the games aren't even heavy. I'll put it on when I need to. Could set it to auto but don't know if that would help...

CPUfancurves have been manually adjusted: 30 degrees/35%, 40 degrees/50%, 60 degrees/70% and 80 degrees/100%

Now I read everywhere that amd cpu's can get hot, but just to be sure, spikes of 80-85 degrees was still normal right? As long as it doesn't stay there, right?
Specs:
MSI Tomahawk b650, Ryzen5 7600 non x, Corsair vengeance 32gb DDR5 6000mhz CL30 expo, kingston KC3000 1tb, XFX RX590 (should be a 7700xt soon), fractal design meshify 2, psu: corsair rmx 750w, LG 1080p144hz1ms 24inch display

Completely normal even for the 65w 7600.聽 The 7000 series ( Non X3D's ) wants to try and hit 95c before anything else. So it actually tries to hit 95c, its weird and it can't be compared to any other CPU on the market.

AMD has confirmed that these CPU's are designed to run at 95c 24/7.

Take a look at Jay's video, its a nice one that explains this.

They run a warmer chip but the design is the same, you are running the 7600 on a stock cooler so its fine 馃檪

No damage or harm will happen.

Ryzen 7000 CPUs are defaulted to boost to whatever cooler it has until 95鈦癈. It is the setpoint.

You are not hitting 95c so you are not being cooler limited, even with the stock cooler.

Also, GamersNexus talks about it at 4:08 and 24:20.

I know AMD cpu's and certainly the 7000 series run hot, but I was just wondering, when I should start worrying.
I've observed my cpu from the start and in idle everything is fine. At the start it starts to spike around 63 degrees, then it goes back to the stable 45 degrees.

Warframe: Now only today, I saw a spike which was the highest it has ever been. 80 degrees. And it was when I was gaming, jumping from loading screen to loading screen. It went up to 80 degrees, and stayed there for couple of seconds, and then backed down to 50 degrees. This isn't so heavy CPU bound.

PBO is disabled. It's a waste of energy for me atm. I play at 1080p and the games aren't even heavy. I'll put it on when I need to. Could set it to auto but don't know if that would help...

CPUfancurves have been manually adjusted: 30 degrees/35%, 40 degrees/50%, 60 degrees/70% and 80 degrees/100%

Now I read everywhere that amd cpu's can get hot, but just to be sure, spikes of 80-85 degrees was still normal right? As long as it doesn't stay there, right?
Specs:
MSI Tomahawk b650, Ryzen5 7600 non x, Corsair vengeance 32gb DDR5 6000mhz CL30 expo, kingston KC3000 1tb, XFX RX590 (should be a 7700xt soon), fractal design meshify 2, psu: corsair rmx 750w, LG 1080p144hz1ms 24inch display

10 minutes ago, phil7990 said:

Specs:

Completely normal even for the 65w 7600.聽 The 7000 series ( Non X3D's ) wants to try and hit 95c before anything else. So it actually tries to hit 95c, its weird and it can't be compared to any other CPU on the market.

They run a warmer chip but the design is the same, you are running the 7600 on a stock cooler so its fine 馃檪

Ryzen 7000 CPUs are defaulted to boost to whatever cooler it has until 95鈦癈. It is the setpoint.

You are not hitting 95c so you are not being cooler limited, even with the stock cooler.

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

Thank you! Jay even said that cpu's don't use that much power. Gpu's do. So should I set PBO back to auto? Because I've disabled it to save power. Not that it'll lower the temps.

Btw I got the arctic freezer duo r34.

3 minutes ago, phil7990 said:

Thank you! Jay even said that cpu's don't use that much power. Gpu's do. So should I set PBO back to auto? Because I've disabled it to save power. Not that it'll lower the temps.

Btw I got the arctic freezer duo r34.

The 7600 non X is limited to 65w and that is quite low compared to other CPU's.
With the arctic freezer duo r34 you should still have plenty of temperature headroom even with PBO on.聽

I personaly run my cooler at 30% fanspeed up until 93c then 100% fanspeed from 93-95c cause that is where you require the cooling. I like silence and at 30% fan speed my 7700x never goes above 85c unless I do stresstests.

And with the 7000 series bouncing around from 50-85c all the time I dont want my CPU fan to keep going up and down 40 times a minute for nothing.

Put PBO on auto and start gaming 馃檪 馃憤

31 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

The 7600 non X is limited to 65w and that is quite low compared to other CPU's.
With the arctic freezer duo r34 you should still have plenty of temperature headroom even with PBO on.聽

I personaly run my cooler at 30% fanspeed up until 93c then 100% fanspeed from 93-95c cause that is where you require the cooling. I like silence and at 30% fan speed my 7700x never goes above 85c unless I do stresstests.

And with the 7000 series bouncing around from 50-85c all the time I dont want my CPU fan to keep going up and down 40 times a minute for nothing.

Put PBO on auto and start gaming 馃檪 馃憤

Ok thank you!