GPU Artifacts when plugged in power brick

My MSI GF63 with i7 8750h and gtx 1050m has be running with this issue for the last 5 year, i've used other power brick, like the original 120w and even my lower 65w but still the same issue

as the title said, it never had any problem without pluggin in to the power source, but as soon is i connect to power source it starts giving artifact, freezing and giving nvlddmkm.sys error on event viewer. the temp while not plugged in is 75, when plugged in it cant reach over 70 before crashing or bluescreen

Does this mean my gpu is broken towards higher wattage? or could it be vram or something's problem altogether?

is there any way to force gpu to work on battery and not change power source when plugged in? Or unlock power management? (in afterburner changing power is locked and greyed out )

8 minutes ago, alreadyfuell said:

My MSI GF63 with i7 8750h and gtx 1050m has be running with this issue for the last 5 year, i've used other power brick, like the original 120w and even my lower 65w but still the same issue

as the title said, it never had any problem without pluggin in to the power source, but as soon is i connect to power source it starts giving artifact, freezing and giving nvlddmkm.sys error on event viewer. the temp while not plugged in is 75, when plugged in it cant reach over 70 before crashing or bluescreen

Does this mean my gpu is broken towards higher wattage? or could it be vram or something's problem altogether?

is there any way to force gpu to work on battery and not change power source when plugged in? Or unlock power management? (in afterburner changing power is locked and greyed out )

What other power bricks?  Using a lower wattage PSU than the original could be causing the same issue, if the issue is the original PSU has become faulty and is not giving enough clean power at load.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

20 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

What other power bricks?  Using a lower wattage PSU than the original could be causing the same issue, if the issue is the original PSU has become faulty and is not giving enough clean power at load.

I’ve also tried my friend exact power brick ( since we have the same laptop, only 1 generation difference ) it seems to be not the power brick thats at fault here.

3 hours ago, alreadyfuell said:

I’ve also tried my friend exact power brick ( since we have the same laptop, only 1 generation difference ) it seems to be not the power brick thats at fault here.

At their house or yours?  Does this happen regardless of where you plug it in, just wonder if your power is somehow more noisy.

You may be able to lock the GPU frequency, perhaps its only once it clocks to a certain point (which is higher when on AC power) that it causes issues?

You can do this more precisely from a Command Prompt and running "nvidia-smi -i 0 -lgc 0,1900" where 1900 is your maximum clock rate in Mhz, but Afterburner you can set to restore the setting whereas that command you'd have to issue at least every boot.

Hmmm, it seems that is also locked on laptop GPUs, at least on mine though Afterburner does seem to let you set a core clock negative offset.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7