Gigabyte Refuses Warranty In Canada

Gigacrap

In the last month and a half we have RMA'd 2 graphics cards (total costs $4380.98) to the RMA centre in Canada only to be refused warranty. 

No reason why, no excuse this is all we get back in an email an hour after they receive our package...

"Thank you for contacting GIGABYTE Canada.

Please note the unit XXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX is returned as is and the tracking number is updated as below

Please allow at least 24-48 hours for the tracking status to update and contact the carrier company for the most updated status.

Regards Gigabyte".

Even JayTwo Cents has seen these massive problems with this manufacturer problem and it's affecting many of these graphics ONLY with this manufacturer!

See here: 

And Northridge here:

People are still buying these cards in Canada, and because Canadian Consumer protection is so pathetic the Act isn't worth the paper it's written on, unlike the US we Canadians have ZERO legal rights against this blatant refusal of warranty by this global computer company.

What is more surprising is that the computer store merchants NEVER tell their customers anything about this problem with these Gigabyte cards but they'll take your money, in most cases ($1600) or more and play dumb at the suckers/customers when they try to return for warranty to the manufacturer.

Gigabyte has been doing this for the last 2 years, even with their power supplies that would explode inside your PC, and Gigabyte NEVER ONCE admitted wrongdoing.

What is this company doing in Canada, and WHY are they allowed to continue???   

Please feel free to leave your comments:)

Hey yall,
I'd like to share with yall my recent experience with gigabyte "warranty" that while still undergoing has left me with quite sour aftertaste.

After great dose of thought and money related calculation I decided to finally upgrade my gpu to newer model last year (last one was 1080ti aorus waterforce extreme) given that I completeley skipped the 20xx serries and 40xxwas right around the corner.

I choose gigabyte as the new gpu manufacturer as (by chance and luck) I have never had any single issue with numerous gigabyte product on the span of around 15 years.

I purchased the 3080ti gaming oc and have been enjoying the improved performance for about a year. Somewhere around last week however new gpu suddenly died on me, black screen with no singal no matter what I tried to do.

After confirming my suspission that it's the gpu (swapped back the 1080ti in the same motherboard pci-e slot wth same psu cables and working fine) I set up to get it repaired via warranty, I didnt think of it at the time, after all it's august 2023 and the card was purchased aprill 2022. Surely warranty period(default 3 year) is still in place plus I did purchase it legally, have a valid proof of purchase and even registered the card at https://member.aorus.com/ which prelonged the warranty period by one year (4 year total). What could go wrong? As it turns much.

By chance during the time between my purchase and the gpu failure the shop I have purchased the gpu (along with practically any other hardware for myself or other ppl by proxy for the last 15 or so years) have gone out of business. It saddened me but still surely it can't affect my case right? Wrong.

While trying to find any way to rma my product I encountered the first walll. That being there was absolutely no way to start the rma process anywhere, except for aforementioned member.aorus where my product was denied attention bacause "duh" it's not a aorus line product so it does not qualify for aorus monitor service.

I wrote a ticket on https://esupport.gigabyte.com/ not rally knowing what to do at this point but after 3 days of 0 replies I went further. Managed to find a contact to my country's gigabyte service center at https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Laptop/Common-Warranty/ and plead my case there. Fortunately (as I thought then) I got a reply the next day.

I though at first I was getting an automated reply from a bot the first couple of tries. Replies were nothing but constant demand that I contact my supplier and attaching warranty regulations at https://member.aorus.com/pl/productwarranty which I knew all to well without them, pinting it out.
After third reply I got quite angry and again explained that I'm unable to "contact my suppliers" because they are no longer existing and provided yet again proof of purchase, pictures of my products, serial number, information from members.aorus that my product is redistered and has a valid warranty untill 13.04.2026, this time listing paragraph by paragraph that my case is in terms of the warranty . After that they graciously accepted my claim.

Not without exceptions mind you, that would be too simple, human, reasonable and many other words I could find. No, they said they will accept my claim giving it an rma number but not on the warranty terms. My claim will be revised via cob procedure (I've no freakin' clue what that means) and questionable product will be repaired or replaced free of charge and sent to me on the servicer's cost.

Little thing I didn't mention to yall and I didn't rly argue about it with the service point (I saw "it will be done free of charge" so I stopped asking questiuons) is that on the last reply I got from the service point they stated and I quote "due to problems with rma'ing the product via supplier we accept the claim via free of charge cob procedure. It will not however be a warranty repair procedure as the warranty is always given the the supplier-shop".

Well strip me naked, slap my bare buttcheeks and hand over to mommy I gues 257 shops in my country (258 counting the shop I made purchase in but can't prove that one since their site is offline) are selling false advertisement since each and every gigabyte products on their websites lists "xx months MANUFACTUER'S WARRANTY". I don't think so!

I read all the way through this and I'm confused. it looks like at the end they accepted your warranty claim. 

But I guess that story isn't up to date because it refers to the GPU dying "last week" but also says "it's August 2023"?

What is the current status of your claim? Where does the second card you said you RMA'd in the first post come into this?

You've written a lot of words trying to get us to be outraged for you but I don't even understand what's going on. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

@Middcore

Thanks for your reply!

Follow-up...

In the second post they were asked to pay $120 extra and they would attempt to fix the problem when he refused they not only didn't return the item but they kept it for 2 months . After which they repaired the 3080ti only for it to break again 2 weeks afterwards.

When they sent in the card to Gigabyte again they just returned the card to them without even taking it out of the box, as the card box was sealed when sent and was still sealed with the exact tape when it was returned/received.

Just now, Gigacrap said:

@Middcore

Thanks for your reply!

Follow-up...

In the second post they were asked to pay $120 extra and they would attempt to fix the problem when he refused they not only didn't return the item but they kept it for 5 months . After which they repaired the 3080ti only for it to break again 2 weeks afterwards.

When they sent in the card to Gigabyte again they just returned the card to them without even taking it out of the box, as the card box was sealed when sent and was still sealed with the exact tape when it was returned/received.

Why are you suddenly writing in third person? Is the account in the second post not yours? 

Five months from August 2023 is still in the future. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It was 2 months not 5 and this was a work colleague not me that wanted to give his 2 cents.

Now, he has a broken graphics card that does not work after paying over $1,000 for it at Bestbuy because gigabyte will not repair or replace, even though this was the card he was sent as a replacement the first time originally from gigabyte.

What do you mean by "Bottleneck calculators"?

Do you mean Pre-Builds?

I have a pretty low opinion of Gigabyte already, but I don't think any of the major brands are above trying to evade honoring warranties. 

This seems like a "Company X sucks" thread. 

I'm about to start a conversation with Gigabyte about one of their motherboards.  (the USB-C alt mode setting is missing in the BIOS)

Since people here seem to have experience with Gigabyte, what is the best way to start this conversation with them?

More like company "G" sucks and we are trying to warn the other people out there because you're not!

However, it is a possibility that ALL of the computer companies will try this now in Canada because: 1)  they can easily get away with it as most Canadians are too lazy  to bother themselves to stand up and complain online 2) to STOP these companies from flouting the law and continuing to rip off fellow Canadians with crappy products with design/manufacturing flaws that should be taken off the market or at the very least NOT sold in Canada as they are clearly NOT of saleable quality!!!

Eg: Junk! 

1 minute ago, Gigacrap said:

More like company "G" sucks and we are trying to warn the other people out there because you're not!

Because I'm not?

It's my job to warn people about a company I have no experience with? 

Do you think I'm Linus? 

@savstars

Don't!!! 

If you talk to them, they will: 1) Give you a BS excuse and not repair/replace the item or 2) refuse your warranty and return your item.

Good Luck

Let us know how you get on.

@Middcore

You give us the impression you are!

As for your "but I don't think any of the major brands are above trying to evade honoring warranties."

We know you are exactly correct! As the economies all over the world gets worse, it may be that you cannot even get  a warranty for your kettle, if it comes from Asia due to more and more corporations getting fiscally tighter and tighter.

(Q) Why do we get your word "honouring" RED FLAGGED?

2 minutes ago, Gigacrap said:

@Middcore

You give us the impression you are!

Part of me is curious to hear how I did that, but I don't think there's any explanation that could convince me continuing this interaction is worthwhile. 

Best of luck with your holy crusade. 

@ Middcore

Appreciate the "Corps aren't your friends. " statement:)

Learning that a little too late.

Thanks.

In the battle between gigabyte and it's Canadian customers regarding this manufacturers design flaws with their Graphics cards, we are happy to show Canadians that although the Consumer Protection act in Canada is terribly written and has very weak considerations for consumers and the Sale of Goods act is similar in it's content for protection. There is HOPE for Canadian consumers with such an Act in Canada that protects Canadians in recompense of this eventuality...

It's filed under "Product Law"

As gigabyte NEVER warned their consumers that there may be card breakage problems with the traditional seating of their newer, heavier graphics card and that there could be a possibility of cracking, damage, or potential damage to the item. This Act clearly shows that under Product law gigabyte have failed to demonstrate fully their expectations to the consumer for ordinary considerations involved in the expected use of the product!

Please see attachment...

Breach of Warranty.JPG

This makes me wonder if I should be buying the extended warrany from the retailer to avoid any hassle when buying anything single piece of hardware over $1000. I did this long time ago when I bought my very first custom build and laptop, but felt I was throwing money away. Last month I went to Canada Computers they told me I had 3 day window to return since I didn't buy into the retailer RMA warranty. 2 years ago I remember it being 1 week to accept returns.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

On 12/12/2023 at 1:35 AM, Middcore said:

Part of me is curious to hear how I did that, but I don't think there's any explanation that could convince me continuing this interaction is worthwhile. 

Best of luck with your holy crusade. 

You tried haha

Feels like the OP is in some sort of internal conflict with 2 different people inside his head , Pretty confusing.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset