Strange screen problem (HDMI vs displayport)

Djuntas

Hey guys. So I have an old 144 hz screen from Asus that I now use as my 2nd screen. So I had problems with it since I built a new PC with a 4070ti. I started using DP cable, where before I used VGA with 970 iirc. Anyway it seems to have problems with "no signal" when using displayport, but now I tried with my old long HDMI cable and it works fine. Before I could fix it by taking the power from the screen also.

So why does my old screen have problems with DP cable? I use quality cables etc.

Check which port it tried to get the signal from, it may be set to hdmi, so it won't check if display port has any signal 

5 minutes ago, MiszS said:

Check which port it tried to get the signal from, it may be set to hdmi, so it won't check if display port has any signal 

Hey im not understanding prolly. By port you mean back of screen or my GPU? I had it working with DP cable, but yesterday I could not despite trying some things, but HDMI works.

The source selection on the monitor, if its on auto or one of the specificed sources i think is meant

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

40 minutes ago, Djuntas said:

Hey im not understanding prolly. By port you mean back of screen or my GPU? I had it working with DP cable, but yesterday I could not despite trying some things, but HDMI works.

Yea, as the guy said, I meant the source selection on the monitor, you need to select it on the monitor's options, by pressing button on it, idk where it is on your's monitor tho, usually on the back 

5 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

The source selection on the monitor, if its on auto or one of the specificed sources i think is meant

EDIT: LAMO! Now it works. I unplugged the power cable from monitor (Had done before to fix it etc) and now it works. Maybe the screen just has some age problems...Good old TN panel from 2015 when screens started getting 144 hz...Good I know it can at least work if the problem comes again.

Hey, tried going into the OSD on my screen. But nope setting it to DP still dont work but HDMI does. Maybe its the cable...Im using prolly som modern 2.0, or 1.4a or whatever...I think the screen just dont like DP. 

Also dont understand what you mean with physical button but here is picture? So got VGA. DP and HDMI ports...but no buttons or switches. Only OSD stuff I saw now. Funny enough when I switch it to DP HDMI still worked...idk.

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.