HELP! Insane CPU Overheating (up to 104° in minimal use)

To start, I am typing this on my phone because I no longer am able to turn on the computer for more than a few minutes without it overheating.

Things I have tried already: Check AIO for flow, check cpu-to-cooler connection, apply new thermal paste, check task manager for high processes, and clean the PC

I have had this NZXT pre-built pc for years now, but only about a month or two ago did I start experiencing issues with overheating. What normally would happen is that each time I would try and fix the problem, (with what I tried being above) the PC would work great for a couple days, then go back to overheating. I have continued to try and solve the problem myself, but I have no idea what else to do since I genuinely cannot startup the PC for more that a few minutes before it turns off on the home screen with only minor background processes (about 4% cpu load according to NZXT cam and my task manager).

With that yap session aside, how could I go about troubleshooting from here, I am desperate to try and fix it without buying new components if possible, as well as reinstalling windows, as I don't have an external drive to save my data on.

And just to make sure I wasn't stupid, I set up my PC in the middle of the room on the table with the air set to 68° inside and a fan on to see if airflow was the issue.

Please Help!

Specs:

• NZXT H510

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6-Cores 3.7GHz

• NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX™ 3070 - GIGABYTE VISION OC 8G

• MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC

• Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 3200MHz 3200 MHz 32GB (2X16GB)

• WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB

• Seagate Barracuda 4TB

• NZXT Kraken M22

• Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze

5 minutes ago, OliverCleveland said:

To start, I am typing this on my phone because I no longer am able to turn on the computer for more than a few minutes without it overheating.

Things I have tried already: Check AIO for flow, check cpu-to-cooler connection, apply new thermal paste, check task manager for high processes, and clean the PC

I have had this NZXT pre-built pc for years now, but only about a month or two ago did I start experiencing issues with overheating. What normally would happen is that each time I would try and fix the problem, (with what I tried being above) the PC would work great for a couple days, then go back to overheating. I have continued to try and solve the problem myself, but I have no idea what else to do since I genuinely cannot startup the PC for more that a few minutes before it turns off on the home screen with only minor background processes (about 4% cpu load according to NZXT cam and my task manager).

With that yap session aside, how could I go about troubleshooting from here, I am desperate to try and fix it without buying new components if possible, as well as reinstalling windows, as I don't have an external drive to save my data on.

And just to make sure I wasn't stupid, I set up my PC in the middle of the room on the table with the air set to 68° inside and a fan on to see if airflow was the issue.

Please Help!

Specs:

• NZXT H510

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6-Cores 3.7GHz

• NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX™ 3070 - GIGABYTE VISION OC 8G

• MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC

• Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 3200MHz 3200 MHz 32GB (2X16GB)

• WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB

• Seagate Barracuda 4TB

• NZXT Kraken M22

• Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze

Change the cooler, block may be clogged or pump dying and it works erratically

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

37 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Change the cooler, block may be clogged or pump dying and it works erratically

I don't see how it would be blocked if i can feel the flow of both of the cooling tubes well, It's just a bit much for me to jump onto buying another cooler

When was the last time you had your pump serviced or had any maintenance done on it?

9 minutes ago, PinballGamingYT said:

When was the last time you had your pump serviced or had any maintenance done on it?

It's an AIO liquid cooler. There's no servicing or maintenance to be done. It works until it doesn't and then it gets chucked.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

It's an AIO liquid cooler. There's no servicing or maintenance to be done. It works until it doesn't and then it gets chucked.

Yes, but sometimes you can have it cleaned (serviced) to save money

5 minutes ago, PinballGamingYT said:

Also, have you tried running the command 

sfc/scannow

In the Windows cmd prompt?

Wouldn't work as their system shuts off after a few minutes.

Just now, silencer12 said:

Wouldn't work as their system shuts off after a few minutes.

True, but have you ran the command before the issues or during?

3 hours ago, OliverCleveland said:

I don't see how it would be blocked if i can feel the flow of both of the cooling tubes well, It's just a bit much for me to jump onto buying another cooler

You've already tried reseating the AIO and re-thermal pasted to no effect..

Could still be broken/less functional in some way... which would be my guess as your not transferring heat out and crashing at 105*c
You don't even have a hot CPU. (TDP)..  I'd get an air cooler if it was me,.. for that CPU.

Unless the prebuilt has different mounting holes than standard.

Not the solution your after (spending money) but it's not like you have to spend the money for another AIO, just a small tower cooler will do the job unless you live in a particular hot country.

Suggestion, not advice, as I don't know your financial situation.

Good luck with the troubleshooting maybe someone else can help proper.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

8 hours ago, OliverCleveland said:

I don't see how it could work and let the CPU reaches 100C+ in seconds, so it doesn't imo, and you've already reinstalled it...

You can get a $25ish aircooler like an AK400 or SE214 with a 5600X

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Yea the m22 is not the best, known to fail quite often. Just replace with a decent air cooler and youll be fine

The cooler is full of growth that has blocked the vanes in the block. You can try to open it and clean it out and replace the fluid…but it would be a hell of a lot more practical to replace with any halfway decent air cooler.