Suggestions and Opinions on my potential build

Go to solution Solved by Fascinated Viewer,

No words just data

image.png.7dceb644d5bac444b14fc1aa57ab13c7.png

Budget (including currency): GBP: £ 2500 (future planning, not buying right now)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Cities skylines 2, Photography, videography  (adobe workflow) forward-thinking planning for future GPUs 

I know the PSU is overkill, but it is cheaper than the 1300-watt version. 

Minimin 1440P resolution using professional colour profiles like CMYK and sRGB for Adobe. Pantone skin and colour certificated monitors

I would like to see what improvements could be made to this system and what the community thinks.

Thanks 🙂

BB LINK:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£341.86 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX Liquid CPU Cooler  (£131.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (£270.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (£224.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£118.94 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Video Card: Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (£564.97 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901 ATX Full Tower Case  (£293.99 @ MoreCoCo) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 13 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£401.20 @ NeoComputers) 
Sound Card: EVGA NU AUDIO PRO 32-bit 384 kHz Sound Card 
Total: £2348.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-12-02 18:15 GMT+0000

image.thumb.png.0d9e9ae6ade9aa84d7269fbbfc869880.png

Post the BB formatted list or at least the permalink (url above the build list tool bar). Screen grabs offer insufficient detail and are very difficult to read on mobile devices.

Photo and video processing software generally performs much better with Intel CPU. The 7800X3D loses its advantage as resolution increases. Generally at 1440p there is little to no noticeable difference.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Genuinly very poor value and filled with things you genuinly dont need and are just making it needlessly expensive whilst leaving much more performant hardware out of budget

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kkGBh3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  (£347.97 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (£39.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard  (£145.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (£219.04 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£138.99 @ AWD-IT)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card  (£1079.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.99 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£109.95 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £2144.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-12-02 18:14 GMT+0000

If you want a highet wattage get the rm1000e

But for real all this hardware here is of similar high end qualitya s what you picked just significantly cheaper

Also no need for a sound card. If you need more power and flavor get a dac else that evga is at best as good as the onboard

27 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Genuinly very poor value and filled with things you genuinly dont need and are just making it needlessly expensive whilst leaving much more performant hardware out of budget

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kkGBh3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  (£347.97 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (£39.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard  (£145.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (£219.04 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£138.99 @ AWD-IT)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card  (£1079.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.99 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£109.95 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £2144.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-12-02 18:14 GMT+0000

If you want a highet wattage get the rm1000e

But for real all this hardware here is of similar high end qualitya s what you picked just significantly cheaper

Also no need for a sound card. If you need more power and flavor get a dac else that evga is at best as good as the onboard

B-series is the most useless chipset for AMD. Since he's doing video and photography, the X670 is a better choice, since allows him to add more M.2 SSD.

And time and time again shows that when price have normalised, the same tier board (Mortar vs Mortar) is just US$50 difference, or just US$10.

1 hour ago, AlfaProto said:

B-series is the most useless chipset for AMD. Since he's doing video and photography, the X670 is a better choice, since allows him to add more M.2 SSD.

And time and time again shows that when price have normalised, the same tier board (Mortar vs Mortar) is just US$50 difference, or just US$10.

What why?

I genuinly dont know wht you are talking about. X670 has a couple extra features one being having up to 8 extra pcie lanes and having the option to have more high bndwith usb ports (due to the extra pcie lanes)

Nothing that would matter for op.

And yeah eventually prices go down but right now its literally double for 1 extr nvme slot and a extra usb port. If op for some reason needs more blazing fast storage (8k video editing can easily be done on sata drive fyi) they can just get a massive add in card and plug like 8 nvme drives into the second slot for fun.

Or better get nas to offload all the data as it will be unlikely that they'd need like 4-8tb of nvme storage for a project.

Oh and op of course POST AGAIN THE WEEK YOU ARE BUYING!!!

2 hours ago, AlfaProto said:

There are a couple of things I would like to mention: one, this is just a draft, and two, this build is for my workflow and noise reduction, which is why I went with Bequiet due to the fluid, dynamic bearings and features they offer. I have researched everything I have included extensively and am fine splashing money on a system I know I'll be happy with.

Images I work with are well over 105 megapixels per image using a medium Format senor by Phase One. All my work is done professionally. 

The sound card will be used to its max due to Hifi audio, which (if you study media would understand) the additional connections such as Fat jack and aux as well as the ability to set up surround if I so desire, which I like the idea of plus the internals are developed and made by a well known British company called audio note which is the best in terms of quilty in a sound card.

I also utilize analogue film,in a variety of sizes like 10 X 8-inch film, etc which is covered in a digital image, which again is scanned at 25000 dpi on a flex-tight scanner (see image)

Hasselblad Flextight X1 drum scanner test report: Short test and comparison  with Flextight X5 - Image quality, speed, handling

XF_IQ4_100MP_Trichromatic_System_back

1 hour ago, Fascinated Viewer said:

All my work is done professionally. 

Have you seen https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/14th-gen-intel-core-processors-content-creation-review/?

If this system is being used professionally, it seems to me that the added productivity of the i7-14700K and i9-14900K outweigh the need for additional cooling.

Given the amount of data being manipulated you should probably consider a 2x48GB memory kit.

This cpu down below mops the floor with the 7800X3D in regards to productivity.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  (£372.97 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool LT720 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£99.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Motherboard: *MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (£219.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (£224.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£118.94 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Video Card: *MSI GAMING X SLIM GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card  (£762.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL III ATX Mid Tower Case  (£144.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Total: £2031.87
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-12-03 00:14 GMT+0000 

A better look at those components.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z790-A-WIFI  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/overview.html  

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuliquidcoolers/LT720-360mm-Liquid-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2022/16286.shtml   

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-4070-Ti-GAMING-X-SLIM-12G

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MAG-A850GL-PCIE5      

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-iii/  

18 hours ago, jaslion said:

What why?

I genuinly dont know wht you are talking about. X670 has a couple extra features one being having up to 8 extra pcie lanes and having the option to have more high bndwith usb ports (due to the extra pcie lanes)

Nothing that would matter for op.

And yeah eventually prices go down but right now its literally double for 1 extr nvme slot and a extra usb port. If op for some reason needs more blazing fast storage (8k video editing can easily be done on sata drive fyi) they can just get a massive add in card and plug like 8 nvme drives into the second slot for fun.

Or better get nas to offload all the data as it will be unlikely that they'd need like 4-8tb of nvme storage for a project.

Oh and op of course POST AGAIN THE WEEK YOU ARE BUYING!!!

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-X670-AORUS-AX-Motherboard/dp/B0BF7FT26Z/ref=sr_1_6?crid=CT99VZUIE1X7&keywords=asus+x670+plus&qid=1701614219&sprefix=asus+x670+p%2Caps%2C385&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-B650-Warranty-EZ-Latch-Motherboard/dp/B0BH7GTY9C/ref=sr_1_2?crid=275MMTAJEQSL9&keywords=b650%2Baorus%2Belite&qid=1701614244&sprefix=b650%2Baorus%2Beli%2Caps%2C475&sr=8-2&th=1

These two are literally US$50 apart, the X670 is better option than the B650. I guess people really sneeze when they read:

'the same tier board (Mortar vs Mortar)'

57 minutes ago, AlfaProto said:

Ans 100$ more than the board I recommend that runs a 7950x just fine no sweat

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ans 100$ more than the board I recommend that runs a 7950x just fine no sweat

Guess you sneeze again.

1 hour ago, AlfaProto said:

These two are literally US$50 apart, the X670 is better option than the B650. I guess people really sneeze when they read:

It's not that people don't see what you are writing, just that many don't agree. An X670 is only better if one will exploit the additional features. Otherwise the $50 might be better spent elsewhere, perhaps on upgrading to an ATX 3.0 PSU.

54 minutes ago, AlfaProto said:

Guess you sneeze again.

I see where you are coming from but simply put unless a user will use the extra x670 stuff there is no reason to spend extra on it when that money can go to another part to be better like more storage, ram, better psu,... stuff that actually has an impact

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 12:52 AM, jaslion said:

I see where you are coming from but simply put unless a user will use the extra x670 stuff there is no reason to spend extra on it when that money can go to another part to be better like more storage, ram, better psu,... stuff that actually has an impact

On 12/4/2023 at 12:10 AM, brob said:

It's not that people don't see what you are writing, just that many don't agree. An X670 is only better if one will exploit the additional features. Otherwise the $50 might be better spent elsewhere, perhaps on upgrading to an ATX 3.0 PSU.

A little bit late.

But hey, how can you even squeeze US$50? SSD?

1. You will be getting last gen hardware or DRAMless or QLC.

2. The next tier is US$100 or more.
3. Same as point 2, Plat or higher wattage of the same efficiency is At least US$70 more.