OC Headroom?

Totally-A-Hero

So on PC part picker my build is gonna draw 378 watts.If i get a 500 watt is that enough headroom to OC?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

It's plenty.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Depends on the PSU and what you want to overclock and how much.

Don't just rely on pcpartpicker or psu calculators in general. List your specs.

Also, not all 500w psus are created equal. List what psus you have in mind.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

personally i would get a 700+ watt power supply. That gives you not only room for over clocking but upgrading.

Its a corsair PSU CX 500 i think its semi modular,the reason for not going with a 750 for crossfire support in future is becuase if i get something that big im gonna get a modular nad cant afford htat right now so if 500 meets my needs 500 it is.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Yeah, I used to run my over clocked system on a cx600m PSU. It used to crash every once in a while and on full load my GPU would get quite hot. I then read that the CX series of PSUs aren't actually capable of provided the amount of power that's listed on them. So, I replaced my cx600m with a seasonic g series 550w and I've yet to experience crashes and temps are back to normal. Bottom line, a PSU is really not something you should cheap out on and a little research goes a long way.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers