Failed dual boot

Hello,

I've had Windows 11 and Ubuntu on dual boot, each on different disk, but I wanted to switch to Mint, so I erased this Ubuntu disk and installed it there. But now it does not dual boot. When I set Windows as a first option in dual boot settings, it's just boooting to Windows normally (but I don't see the dual boot menu). But when I set it to Ubuntu (ubuntu P0: Patriot P210 512GB, which was not even installed on this disk before), I see the GNU GRUB 2.06 console and after exit command it throws me back to Windows. How to resolve it?

20231128_173736.jpg

20231128_173750.jpg

download.jpeg

Where did you tell Mint to install the bootloader? Did you erase the entire disk? I typically erase the entire disk and make a partition for the bootloader when installing Mint.

I installed it on the second disk, which I dont even see in dual boot settings, and I erased it completely.

2 hours ago, clang said:

I see the GNU GRUB 2.06 console and after exit command it throws me back to Windows. How to resolve it?

Grub failed to install. Boot to mint live usb installer to reinstall grub.

If you are comfortable with linux terminal follow this guide

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=162096

Alternatively disconnect your Windows drive. Then reinstall linux mint with only one drive connected. After reconnect your Windows drive. Then boot to your linux drive and update grub. Upon restarting you should be presented with the grub boot menu.