Is there any way to leave insider program without losing data

Teberzin

Hey,
I was using the win11 insider preview build. However, my boot screen is showing up too late and sometimes my hard disks get slower or freeze when I'm doing something in the explorer. Some said it's happening because I'm using the insider version so I want to leave the inside program however I don't want to lose my data.

P.S. I've already googled and looks like it's not possible but posts were outdated so I wanted to ask again to be sure since there might be an update for it.

uh, what data are you trying to save? 

5 minutes ago, Teberzin said:

P.S. I've already googled and looks like it's not possible but posts were outdated so I wanted to ask again to be sure since there might be an update for it.

That's silly, can you not just put in on an external drive, reinstall windows, and take it back off the drive?

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

1 minute ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

uh, what data are you trying to save? 

That's silly, can you not just put in on an external drive, reinstall windows, and take it back off the drive?

Basically, I just want to downgrade my operating system to win11 from the insider program. But looks like the only way is to format the PC which means I have to lose all my data such as log-in details, installed apps, etc. (I know it's possible to migrate to another disk however still operating disk still needs to identify some programs and data...)

2 minutes ago, Teberzin said:

Basically, I just want to downgrade my operating system to win11 from the insider program. But looks like the only way is to format the PC which means I have to lose all my data such as log-in details, installed apps, etc. (I know it's possible to migrate to another disk however still operating disk still needs to identify some programs and data...)

Oh well, idk. There might be something you can do, but it feels like more of a hassle to figure it out then to just rip off the bandaid

This is why I keep a USB with the .exe installers for almost all of my third party apps

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

All you need to do is opt out and the next time you get updates you should be removed. @GoodBytes sound about right? 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You can opt-out of the Insider program via Settings panel. However, the build will expire soon (See Windows About panel to know expiry date).

Unless your built that you have is match the official build (a small window), a clean install would be required to get the official non-short-expiry build.