Creating Seamless Integration Across Multiple Devices for Unified Workflow

Baddest Guy

I currently have a gaming desktop running windows 10 pro, a hp spectre x360 and recently ordered a Samsung s8 ultra tablet, both running windows 11. I understand that I can use my laptop and tablet as a second screen for my desktop, however, that is not what I am interested in.

What I would like to do is use my 3 separate systems as 1 that can seamlessly work together utilizing their own hardware. Able to pass processes between each other instead of just share files through the cloud.

For example if I had a word document open on my desktop pass the word document to my laptop/tablet. My laptop/tablet would launch word and automatically open the file it was passed and the desktop would end that task. Then when I return home be able to do the opposite. But instead of just word or other windows program any program they share that is installed.

That way I can pick up my laptop/tablet and leave the house with everything already loaded and running. Essentially create my own network of divices that function independently as well as together.

I also don't necessarily need them to be able to transfer processes when I am using my laptop/tablet elsewhere, though that would be cool, but I would like them to sync when my devices return and connected to my home network.

Is this something that is possible?

29 minutes ago, Baddest Guy said:

across your 3 random devices? no

though from the sounds of it you can get the same effect by just remoting into the desktop from the portable devices , and control the desktop from the portable devices.

but what you yourself describe sounds like a pretty old school beos style approach that nobody would support or implement anymore what with the internet becoming more popular after the 90s

20 hours ago, Baddest Guy said:

Not in that extent. You can get close. Using VM and remoting into it from all clients. Also saving all files you need to have access to in network drives. That way all files are available, and all software and files are open whenever you need to access them. You can also setup syncing folders, so that you can have local files on devices and sync folders once you are connected to wifi.

But completely seamless, not yet a thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv