Just a note - Redmagic 4K

RasmusDC

not to start a dialogue on this, just curious, because we are a bit back to complaining about things without actually investigating, complaining about the Chin, and not just using 2 min for investigation.  (it is a wireless HDMI transmitter just not for all markeds).

the problem i also have is the OLED extreme focus, SO why not choose oled, well for people that not only uses screen for gaming the Pixel substructure on a oled monitor is simply not usable because of the smeared text.

a Color accurate 4K panel with Mini LED (Apple also use MiniLED not OLED) is a GOOD sent for people that use their pc for multiple things... i simply cannot survive the subpixel issue, has tried, the chroma 4.2.0 does not work either for me on a screen.

and the burnin.. 

i get the love for OLED, i am also IN LOVE with it for pure gaming and for movies... but that is it.

maybe a bit of perspective on reviews, at least a bit of investigation... 

1 hour ago, RasmusDC said:

the problem i also have is the OLED extreme focus, SO why not choose oled, well for people that not only uses screen for gaming the Pixel substructure on a oled monitor is simply not usable because of the smeared text.

a Color accurate 4K panel with Mini LED (Apple also use MiniLED not OLED) is a GOOD sent for people that use their pc for multiple things... i simply cannot survive the subpixel issue, has tried, the chroma 4.2.0 does not work either for me on a screen.

OLED having worse text is ONLY the case on a Windows desktop because of it's subpixel-text-rendering techniques meant to enhance text clarity on regular RGB layout monitors. Games do not use this text rendering technique and thus do not suffer from text clarity issues compared to regular LCD monitors. So if you only use the monitor for gaming, it's literally a non-issue.

The same goes for movies. They don't use subpixel rendering techniques, and thus there is no clarity difference between OLED or LCD.

and the burnin.. 

Burn in can be an issue but it heavily depends on your use case. If you really just use your monitor for gaming and content consumption, the risk is close to zero.

The only thing that is a no-go for OLED displays is doing your daily work on them. Don't buy an OLED if you're gonna look at the same 2 apps 8 hours every day.

i get the love for OLED, i am also IN LOVE with it for pure gaming and for movies... but that is it.

And that's exactly what they're for.

maybe a bit of perspective on reviews, at least a bit of investigation... 

Don't expect too much off a Short Circuit video. It's not a review. It's unboxing and first impressions. I'm happy they at least do some color measurements nowadays, but if you want a real review, go to sources like Hardware Unboxed (YouTube), Monitors Unboxed (YouTube) or RTINGS.com.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.