Budget fans

Vellexar

I am looking for rgb ( but open to no rgb ) fans that are budget friendly and that are not too loud. Also a budget fan controller that would help me set them up would be great.

ARCTIC P12 PST A-RGB, Thermalright TL-C12B-S V3, Phanteks PH-F120SK are some of the great value 3-pack RGB fans

Try to find in 3-pack or 5-pack for the best value instead of purchasing individual fan

22 minutes ago, Vellexar said:

a budget fan controller

Depending on your space, you can either go to Thermaltake Commander, NZXT Sentry or even some unknown brand of cheap fan controller

Usually the downside of unknown brand is they are not powerful for high power fans

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

13 minutes ago, Vellexar said:

I am looking for rgb ( but open to no rgb ) fans that are budget friendly and that are not too loud. Also a budget fan controller that would help me set them up would be great.

arctic P12

41 minutes ago, Vellexar said:

like WIlly said, the Thermalright TLC-12 are quality fans, they are not PWM but they have great RGB and I heard that they are not too loud. They are a really good buy for the cheap price they are.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

There are lots of cheap non-led options out there, like Antec and Arctic, among a good of others. Even several that have some sort of lighting. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

There are lots of cheap non-led options out there, like Antec and Arctic, among a good of others. Even several that have some sort of lighting. 

If i was going to go without rgb and i need 6 fans total... what would you go with ?

11 minutes ago, Vellexar said:

If i was going to go without rgb and i need 6 fans total... what would you go with ?

Well, you'd need to get 3-packs, which will probably cost a bit more, but not significantly more. 

What's your budget? I've seen fans going for as little as $5 each, although those are usually not the best quality, even if they're from famous brands. For example, if you look at be quiet!'s fans, you'll see that the Silent Wings line use fluid dynamic bearings, but the other 3 lines (Shadow, Light & Pure) only use rifle bearings. That's 300k hours vs 60-80k MTTF.

So the cheap ones mostly use sleeve and rifle bearings, or maybe another variant of sleeve/ rifle, like single ball bearing and sleeve. Some are better than others but if you stick with companies that offer a warranty, that is better. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

9 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Well, you'd need to get 3-packs, which will probably cost a bit more, but not significantly more. 

What's your budget? I've seen fans going for as little as $5 each, although those are usually not the best quality, even if they're from famous brands. For example, if you look at be quiet!'s fans, you'll see that the Silent Wings line use fluid dynamic bearings, but the other 3 lines (Shadow, Light & Pure) only use rifle bearings. That's 300k hours vs 60-80k MTTF.

So the cheap ones mostly use sleeve and rifle bearings, or maybe another variant of sleeve/ rifle, like single ball bearing and sleeve. Some are better than others but if you stick with companies that offer a warranty, that is better. 

around 100-130 cad for the 6 fans, i already have two old silent wing 3 fans i recycled so far.

3 minutes ago, Vellexar said:

around 100-130 cad for the 6 fans, i already have two old silent wing 3 fans i recycled so far.

Recycle or reuse? 😉

Then you won't have to look at the cheapest fans of you don't want to. What websites are you using there?

15 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Recycle or reuse? 😉

Then you won't have to look at the cheapest fans of you don't want to. What websites are you using there?

Reuse but they are almost 6 year's old ....

I was looking on pcpartpicker so far for deals and amazon.