Mail from "PHP Secure CEO"

Lupino

I just recieved an email related to my account in the LTT Forums here:

Hey<my username>!

My name is Julia, and I'm the CEO of PHP Secure, a newly-launched code vulnerability scanner. I found your profile on <link to my ltt forum profile> through a PHP Programming thread. I'd like to ask for your help reviewing our new product and write about it on linustechtips.com!

I think it's incredibly valuable when real people like you get hands-on with our service and can leave honest feedback. Let me know if this interests you--I'd love to thank you with an Amazon gift card if you wrote a few words about us on the forum.

Thanks,
Julia

I don't intent to honor this "request" with an answer, thinking that a real assignment would pay cash, not gift cards...
I just leave it here as a note for everyone else. Don't get scammed.

The problem with phpsecure, we upload all of our code, which requires a lot of trust.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

hey, can that person contact me? id love to get free gift cards 😉 plsplspsspslpslslsssss il do what u say

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

7 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

The problem with phpsecure, we upload all of our code, which requires a lot of trust.

Yeah, i think the trust card is played with such sneaky free ad proposals...

Just don't waste time with company that claim these thing and ask you to upload things to them.

Just use OWASP. It is an NPO association has many security tools and it's not limited to php. I can detect vulnerability in javascript as well as a third party dll in a C++ app. It also have a pen test toolset somewhere for web or desktop app