Big dudes need big chairs

Beep or Boop

Hey big fellas. I'm around 300 lbs and losing weight! Albeit slowly. I was wondering if there was bigger guys out there who have found good chairs that the cushions don't become flat quickly. I've tried amazon chairs and chairs that I've liked from Office Depot. But they all turn out the same. Any help would be amazing. Thanks guys.

6 minutes ago, Beep or Boop said:

Hey big fellas. I'm around 300 lbs and losing weight! Albeit slowly. I was wondering if there was bigger guys out there who have found good chairs that the cushions don't become flat quickly. I've tried amazon chairs and chairs that I've liked from Office Depot. But they all turn out the same. Any help would be amazing. Thanks guys.

Are you also a tall person? I remember watching a J2C video where he was talking about which chair he finds most comfortable, and I don't remember the exact gamer-type chair he uses but I remember it was the larger Steelseries and he liked it because he's a tall, rather big guy.

17 minutes ago, Beep or Boop said:

Depends on your budget.

This is a really nice one: https://gtracing.com/products/footrest-series-lr002?currency=USD&variant=40125826531408&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=75810b58a06c&dm_cam=19306935823&dm_grp=144130912946&dm_ad=641978487251&dm_kw=&dm_net=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjMKqBhCgARIsAPDgWlw4zuzulfE-EnU3CQr3Tcuv-WE7FA-L06FAxB9CsvvwWo2-wU5XXdwaAjF7EALw_wcB

Just now, Beep or Boop said:

I'm willing to spend a little money. But once it gets more then 400-500$ i'm out

Like I said, this is a really reliable chair, and it's having a massive sale. Good luck on your weight loss journey too, but this thing will probably last you a while, and it's pretty comfortable too.

Just now, meekzoo said:

Like I said, this is a really reliable chair, and it's having a massive sale. Good luck on your weight loss journey too, but this thing will probably last you a while, and it's pretty comfortable too.

Thank you! Really means a lot! And sorry I didn't check the link right away. But isn't the general consensus that gaming chairs aren't the usual goto? I do see that it has a very good deal. Just curious

2 minutes ago, Beep or Boop said:

Thank you! Really means a lot! And sorry I didn't check the link right away. But isn't the general consensus that gaming chairs aren't the usual goto? I do see that it has a very good deal. Just curious

Gaming chairs aren't meant for long sitting times. I mean even with shorted sitting times a nice mesh chair is usually better but most of those aren't built for 300 lbs unless you are paying a decent amount. 

7 minutes ago, Beep or Boop said:

Actually I just looked it up and apparently there are some decent priced chairs built for people on the heavier side. You can do a quick search for ergonomic chairs for heavier people and it will probably come up. Honestly I have struggled with the same issue when I was heavier and was a but annoyed I didn't look at the capacity on the first chair I bought until I later realized the issue. Granted I wasn't that heavy when I bought it so maybe I wouldn't have cared. 

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Gaming chairs aren't meant for long sitting times. I mean even with shorted sitting times a nice mesh chair is usually better but most of those aren't built for 300 lbs unless you are paying a decent amount. 

I used to be really heavy, maybe 250, and I eventually settled for a gaming chair. It lasted me a long time, maybe 2 years. It never got super flat, it only got slightly flatter. Maybe just me, but it was so nice.

10 minutes ago, meekzoo said:

I used to be really heavy, maybe 250, and I eventually settled for a gaming chair. It lasted me a long time, maybe 2 years. It never got super flat, it only got slightly flatter. Maybe just me, but it was so nice.

My only issue with it is it's not as wide as my current chair. Which arm to arm is about 24", and it says theirs is only 20.