Unity water dribbling effect.

CHEEZE-IT

I'm making a Submarine warfare kind of game for my programming/Game design class at school and I've been looking all over on how you can get some water flowing over your camera effect that you would see on some games on mobile like beech buggy blitz when you have a certain device/or have settings up. I'm using Unity pro 4.3.4f1. Game is going to be a PC standalone only.No mobile development yet. I would prefer any scripting to be in JavaScript but im ok with C#. More importantly how would i get this effect? Any shaders or assets I need to import? I don't want someone to simply just do everything for me. If you can point me in the right direction that would be perfect. 

Im gonna quote some random dude over from the Unity Answers:

This is a rather difficult thing to do unfortunately :( . And it wouldn't be much easier with any engine you use. Here is how I would approach it.

1. Create a particle emitter that drops particles in the shape of rain drops all over your designated area. Change the ellipsoid box to create a "blanket effect". Add a world particle collider to cause collision calculation with the particles.

2. Make your water with whatever mesh or plane you want. Add a collider such as a mesh or box collider to it.

3. Create a script that uses OnParticleCollision() to do the "magic" ripple effect. How you go about doing this ripple effect is up to you. Here is one example that looks great, but requires Unity pro. You could try to do some sort of mesh deformation like this person.

Source: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/19182/create-a-water-drop-simulation.html

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student