Issue with graphics card D:

Dan8395

Hi all!

I'm in need of some help regarding my GPU... whenever I'm gaming or stress testing the RGB turns off on the card however it's not the only issue I'm also experiencing hard freezes to the point I need to hold down power button to turn off or switch off at the back...

I've tried so far running MemTest86 because I thought it was my ram causing the freezes this was before the GPU RGB was turning off for some context so I was still troubleshooting, when this passed I took the card apart cleaned and repasted but also looked for any signs of damage or burns etc couldn't see anything so repasted put back to together, also recently changed and replaced thermal pads (also before it started happening to the best of my knowledge) (Thermal pads are Arctic TP-3, 0.5mm, 1.0mm and 1.5mm and the 2.5mm thermal pads are the Gelid GP-Extreme) on the card as I was getting very bad thermals and thought it could have been that, It wasn't... I was still experiencing the hard freezes I mentioned I then spoke with a few friends who suggested it could be the power supply so I've recently changed that as of today from a 600w to a 850w however the issue still remains sadly which I was hoping wasn't gonna be the case obviously! so I went back to the GPU now and I've taken apart again and again observed for any damaged double checked my work everything fine again no signs of anything wrong cleaned thoroughly (99% Isopropyl) repasted and once again re-assembled the card ran a stress with OCCT 3D standard with error checking still happening.

So currently I'm at a loss as to what it could be sadly and it's starting to haunt me and quite frankly piss me the **** off!.

Things I haven't tried yet I have a spare PCI-E Slot on my mobo I haven't tried moving it into this slot however.

I also haven't tried gaming on it since doing the above today and the freezes are consistent only with gaming not stress testing with OCCT Furmark etc etc.

I also haven't tried rolling back to a version before the current Drivers.

I also haven't tried a clean reinstall of windows 10 either but am trying to avoid this unless it's a last ditch effort to get the card running right...

Specs are as follows please let me know if I've missed anything of importance out

MOBO: ASRock B360M Pro4 (Bios P4.20)

CPU: I9-9900K (stock clocks not able to overclock on my current board)

CPU COOLER: Hyper H412R

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING 8G (GV-N2070GAMING-8GC)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 (Code on the packaging CMW32GX4M4C3200C16)

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+Gold 850w (Modular)

NVME Drives: I have 2 of these first is a Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB and a WD Green SN350 2TB

SSD: ADATA SU630
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102

Other kinda related specs??

CASE: Inwin 101

CASE FANS: 5 case fans altogether they are the ARCTIC P12's

MONITORS: Zowie XL2540 240HZ 1920x1080 and the HP2159

GPU DRIVER: 546.01 

I think that's about it like I mentioned please let me know if there's anything else I've missed out, my heads fried with all the troubleshooting waiting around for tests to finish and fitting new parts (even though they aren't needed!) etc... 😞 

Thanks so much for any sort of help of course,

Dan

Hi.

Did you upgrade some hardware within the same installation of windows ? If yes, what ?
Did you ever tried DDU ?
Do you have any bluescreens ?
Does your pc ever struggle to boot ?
What about temps on the CPU ? (CPU cooler seems way off for a 9900k)
Tried to update bios ?

2 hours ago, Neutraliz said:

Hi.

Did you upgrade some hardware within the same installation of windows ? If yes, what ?
Did you ever tried DDU ?
Do you have any bluescreens ?
Does your pc ever struggle to boot ?
What about temps on the CPU ? (CPU cooler seems way off for a 9900k)
Tried to update bios ?

I went from the i7-8700 to the i9-9900k on this same windows install.

As for DDU I tried this yesterday to no avail went to a previous version 531 still no joy no matter what driver version I went too. 

Don't have any bluescreens unless I run OCCT on the CPU as I have short time and long time power set to max so it doesn't throttle down so it hit's temp limit and bluescreens but I'm not worried about that as it never goes above 60c when gaming OCCT is just an unrealistic load hence why am not worried about that.

PC never struggles to boot either last BIOS time was 8.1 seconds normal honestly and is about what I've been getting for the years I've had the PC

TEMPS on the CPU with the cooler are absolutely fine never get above 60c while gaming no matter what I play max it'll hit is 64-65c the coolers surprisingly solid

and as for BIOS updates it's the latest version my board offers P4.20 (Asrock B360M Pro4)

I tried the optional PCI-E slot yesterday also to no avail still getting the same issues RGB goes off..

I have noticed 2 crashes yesterday on Tarkov now also which wasn't crashing before in prior days but weirdly enough (I haven't tested yet but I believe this is to do with my camera on discord when we're in a call together myself and my girlfriend not sure why this is obviously I'm not a coder my basic understanding is it's using the GPU or something else to push the camera to discord?)

Also when I run MSI Afterburner and the fan curve I have setup or the default fan curve is on no matter which the RGB also goes straight off which is giving me hints it's to do with the fans spinning not sure how...? 

That's all I have for you really thanks for the reply also I appreciate the help