Is there any way to troubleshoot a dead CPU?

Bought a Ryzen 3600, refurb a520 S2h and ram and nvme to make a cheap build for my son.

Initially after some issues with getting the bios updated, the build went ok. Was using a wraith cooler and temps were higher than ideal on the initial stress tests, up to 95degrees. (Prime 95 and cinebench)

Fast forward to Monday morning and the system doesn't boot (no display on screen at all, but no rebooting etc.

So far tried both sticks of ram, 2 motherboards and 3 graphics cards. No change.

Haven't changed the power supply (Corsair 650w) and the CPU, I don't have another AM4 chip available so do I bite the bullet and look at trying an RMA or pony up and buy a replacement? Or anything else to try first

Do you know for sure the other motherboards you tried are good? Did they have processors you could try in the a520 board?

I think your CPU is the most likely culprit, but even if it is there's not much you can do to fix it. I recommend opening an RMA with the vendor.

Just to be thorough, do you have another power supply you can test with? That's the only other wildcard.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I'm out of spares now, can open an rma and will speak to them tomorrow as might buy a 5500 to try on proviso that if the CPU is dead then can drop it off once I've tested the replacement.

Just amazed if it is the CPU that was working one evening and dead in the evening, no bent pins and no visible damage. Ta

32 minutes ago, ColinJ451 said:

Just amazed if it is the CPU that was working one evening and dead in the evening, no bent pins and no visible damage. Ta

that's how it goes most of the time, no spectacular magic smoke, or shooting sparks. would be more entertaining, and concrete, but not the way it usually goes lol.

Taking a road trip back to the warehouse today to get the CPU tested, quicker than posting and I get certainty with the outcome, with the option of an exchange or refund 

And it's dead Jim... No idea how that happened, got a refund and bought a 5500 instead. The way I am racking up spares I'll be on my way to 3 PC's at this rate