Xbox Controller Conversation.

BrandonLatzig

I just want ot ask a few simple questions, for those who either have an xbox, or just like using those controllers for pc. 
Which ones do you prefer? Cheaper ones, like PowerA or skullcandy, the OEM models, or the "Pro" like ones made by SCUF or Razer?

I use XBOX one controller, it feels really great despite high cost

I haven't tried the 3rd party controller brand as you have mentioned, but in my opinion if you want a cheap yet good and reliable controller, PS4 controller is a really good choice

And in most case, Steam and games will automatically detect and mapped the button as developer intended

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

give me 360 or death tbh

20230211_152633.thumb.jpg.aaf53c32da0c34b7688d3278f0dddd51.jpg

(yes, this is the original "for pc" from Vista era, hence it has a cable 😉 )

On 11/5/2023 at 5:40 AM, BrandonLatzig said:

Cheaper ones, like PowerA or skullcandy, the OEM models, or the "Pro" like ones made by SCUF or Razer?

the problem with most of these is they might feel ok or even good, but have all varying quality issues like non working face buttons , stick drift, or just break after a few months,  etc.

especially the most expensive ones are the worst, you may have more luck with a cheap chinese knock off, tbh

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I am using the OEM one, its fine for me. I bought my kid the pro controller for the Switch, and its pretty nice.. I have not had any BT issues, nice and smooth..

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

When playing on my HTPC I'll typically use my standard Xbox Series controller for games primarily using analog sticks. I'll switch to my 8bitdo SN30+ for games more suited to a d-pad. I don't see any point in getting any of the Pro controllers since I don't play anything competitively, especially not with a controller. I also have a pile PlayStation controllers but the Xbox ones a little more convenient to use on PC so I just stick to them and keep the PlayStation controllers on my PlayStations.

20 hours ago, freeagent said:

I am using the OEM one, its fine for me. I bought my kid the pro controller for the Switch, and its pretty nice.. I have not had any BT issues, nice and smooth..

OEM is the best (i mean i actually prefer PlayStation controllers, but as far as Microsoft ones go...)

oh, you meant the Xbox One thingy(tm)? nah, as said 360 or death.

20231113_015512.thumb.jpg.96144691153356a3dc0cf90c0631ba74.jpg

look at it *brand spanking new*

and already custom pawy'fied! UwU

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder