Question about OLED display (Tv)

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Marginal at best. Blanking the display, a feature on many OLED's, completely turns off the OLED elements. Anything using power will be the associated electronics but its going to be very minimal compared to when the panel is on displaying an image.聽

I have my C2 plugged into my UPS and could test this but not for a few hours.聽

Aside from power usage, is there a difference between turning off the Tv completely instead of just the screen?

Wondering if one is better than the other 馃

Marginal at best. Blanking the display, a feature on many OLED's, completely turns off the OLED elements. Anything using power will be the associated electronics but its going to be very minimal compared to when the panel is on displaying an image.聽

I have my C2 plugged into my UPS and could test this but not for a few hours.聽

I have a c2 that I did some power measurement on. Its about 50w with normal desktop uses(relativity dim), gets to 60-70w wll brighter scenes. And 30w will a all black image. Seems like its still driving a lot of power and control circuits.

I'm going to have to test mine then. I seem to recall it being over 100W when playing back bright HDR content.聽

4 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I'm going to have to test mine then. I seem to recall it being over 100W when playing back bright HDR content.聽

It might be able to do that, but I think my power was pretty low as I have my sdr brightness fairly low as I'm in dark room normally, and want to keep the panel nice.聽