C states disabled or left at default in BIOS

dita

Basically all i wanna know is should i disable it or leave it how it is by default. On my current pc that has 9600kf i have it disabled in bios. I have 13600kf on the way so im wondering what should i do?

Im only using my pc for gaming and browsing, nothing else.

If theres any extra things i need to do ill just leave it at default but if its completely safe ill disable it.

I actually dont even know if my pc has better performance when its disabled, but there was no issues.

Only thing that i know about disabling C states is that cpu runs at max turbo clocks all the time. For example if i have it at default is it always gonna run on max clocks while im playing or only on clocks that game needs, if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance!!

If you have C states/speedstep enabled then the CPU will always dynamically adapt its clock speed to suit the task, including gaming.

It saves power, there are no other benefits. I have mine disabled, I'd rather sacrifice a tiny amount of power draw to eliminate any kind of latency introduced by the CPU downclocking itself all the time.

Running the system with C states/speedstep disabled is safe for 24/7 operation, my current system has been running like this since the release of the 10900K.

1 hour ago, NF-F12 said:

If you have C states/speedstep enabled then the CPU will always dynamically adapt its clock speed to suit the task, including gaming.

It saves power, there are no other benefits. I have mine disabled, I'd rather sacrifice a tiny amount of power draw to eliminate any kind of latency introduced by the CPU downclocking itself all the time.

Running the system with C states/speedstep disabled is safe for 24/7 operation, my current system has been running like this since the release of the 10900K.

Thanks, i will probably disable it, dont rly want my cpu to throttle all the time. But if something is not gonna work well ill just put it back to default but i doubt anything bad will happen. Thanks a lot!!