Network problems

shadowss

So i am having problems with my internet and have had problems for a while now i would like to ask you all if you know any tips and tricks i could try to make it better 

first of i have 1000/1000 i have tried a lot of things like changing dns ipv4 and ipv6 dns have tried restarting the router and fiber box and also resetting them i am running lan cat 6 cables and for some reason several times a week our internet just plummet alot of times plummeting from 1000/1000 to 200/800 or worst we have seen is 50/800 yes have called the company (about 10 times) but now i would like to ask here do any of you have an idea of what i could try 

should be said left number is download right is upload 

it could be a variety of things
Router could be dying, something is wrong with the line, server issues from the company side
Never seen upload being so high while download is low, could be throttling

26 minutes ago, shadowss said:

So i am having problems with my internet and have had problems for a while now i would like to ask you all if you know any tips and tricks i could try to make it better 

first of i have 1000/1000 i have tried a lot of things like changing dns ipv4 and ipv6 dns have tried restarting the router and fiber box and also resetting them i am running lan cat 6 cables and for some reason several times a week our internet just plummet alot of times plummeting from 1000/1000 to 200/800 or worst we have seen is 50/800 yes have called the company (about 10 times) but now i would like to ask here do any of you have an idea of what i could try 

should be said left number is download right is upload 

Is this cable Internet, or fiber to the home?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

You can try using another router for a bit to see if the slow speeds still happen. If you were thinking of upgrading your current router, it is a good time to do it. Remember that you need a gigabit router to enjoy your 1000/1000 connection. You can probably ask for a retailer to lend you one. Last reseort, you can buy one on amazon and return it within 30 days if you don't want to keep it.

If the problem goes away with a new router, the problem was probably the router. If the problem persists, the Internet company, their servers and/or their cabling are at fault and you can't do much about it.

Good luck !

11 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Is this cable Internet, or fiber to the home?

not sure what you mean but if you mean what internet it is then i have fiber internet through the internet provider so im talking about the internet inside my home that i can do something against without tearing walls down 

10 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

You can try using another router for a bit to see if the slow speeds still happen. If you were thinking of upgrading your current router, it is a good time to do it. Remember that you need a gigabit router to enjoy your 1000/1000 connection. You can probably ask for a retailer to lend you one. Last reseort, you can buy one on amazon and return it within 30 days if you don't want to keep it.

If the problem goes away with a new router, the problem was probably the router. If the problem persists, the Internet company, their servers and/or their cabling are at fault and you can't do much about it.

Good luck !

ok thx was not sure if the router affected the lan speed or not the internet provider actually send a new router and it has gotten even worse after that so thought it might be at fault but wasn't fully sure but nice to have people confirm 

11 hours ago, BrandonLatzig said:

it could be a variety of things
Router could be dying, something is wrong with the line, server issues from the company side
Never seen upload being so high while download is low, could be throttling

yea thought it was weird too ill try and change the router when i can