Desk pad pain 馃槄

ThePra

It does seem that dry climate, cold and a hand resting on top of the desk pad for a long period of time can lead to a dry skin of the resting point and the micro movements lead to micro damages of the skin like in the image(which are quite painful when you move those skin "hairs"). I wish it can be fixed one day from the material POV.

P_20231025_155747.jpg

P_20231025_155913.jpg

11 minutes ago, ThePra said:

It does seem that dry climate, cold and a hand resting on top of the desk pad for a long period of time can lead to a dry skin of the resting point and the micro movements lead to micro damages of the skin like in the image(which are quite painful when you move those skin "hairs"). I wish it can be fixed one day from the material POV.

P_20231025_155747.jpg

P_20231025_155913.jpg

This is why my deskpads always hang a bit off the edge of the table so I dont have the seam where my wrist is resting 馃槃

I never press my palm of my hand on my pad causing abrasion, but I put my hand on the mouse and lifting my palm gently up so it nevers touches the pad.

Quite frankly I'm not sure that this is something we can materially address; repetitive friction on any part of your body, with any type of surface, will cause this eventually if you don't take breaks. Best recommendation I can make here is to maybe invest in a wrist rest of some kind; that would reduce the friction your wrist is exposed to and improve your posture (which may help prevent RSI or other unwanted issues in the future).

Also, your desk pad seems to be quite dirty, and giving it a thorough wash would smooth out the surface a bit which could help also (not completely, but getting rid of any abrasive material that might be sitting there can't hurt). I've included the care instructions below in case that's useful to you.

image.png

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

6 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

This may be an instance where a bottle of hand lotion near the PC is legitimately explainable.

Bro this cracked me up 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ. Gotta get the hands smooth for less friction on the mousepad eh馃お

Other than switching to some even finer fabric, there's no solutions. Does the same happen with other fabric pads?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Lowkey would recommend getting a wrist glider. I can't live without mine anymore.

You can go primo with DeltaHub or get a relatively cheap one on Amazon.聽

Example:
Reloot - DeltaHub Carpio: Ergonomic Gliding Wrist Rest, Sliding Wrist Pad  That Moves with Your Mouse, Physician Designed for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,  Lightweight, for Office Computer Mac or PC : Amazon.in: Computers

On 10/26/2023 at 1:42 AM, Needfuldoer said:

This may be an instance where a bottle of hand lotion near the PC is legitimately explainable.

Add a resin printer and you got a legit reason for paper towels as well.

On 10/25/2023 at 7:08 PM, ThePra said:

P_20231025_155747.jpg

P_20231025_155913.jpg

Turn up mouse DPI and use your wrist to move instead of your whole arm. My mouse never moves more than 3" off center.