Dual-Chamber with compatible Rear AIO recommendations

Carigun

So for my upcoming build I am currently planning with a Neso P1 but am considering a different build however its hard to find a list of cases that would work with the build.

For the theoretical build I need the following from the case;

• ATX Dual Chamber
  • For the side wall fan slots to be big enough to house a 4090 GPU, eyeing up MSI Gaming Slim as it is on paper compact.
  • For the rear to house either a 240mm or 280mm CPU AIO.
  • Fans on the top and bottom of the case.

Whiles its easy to find cases with some of those things its hard to find cases with all, in fact the unreleased NV9 is all I found so far.

This is cause I am working with the untested theory that if I can get the GPU to the side wall fan slot then the internal air has more access cause there isnt a GPU blocking air travel. Meaning that with the AIO to the rear, I can have a set of fans on the top and bottom, creating an updraft airflow. Meaning that the motherboard and GPU would be covered in a blanket of air. Which in means in an untested theory could improve cooling despite losing the fans that could have gone on the side wall.

You can buy itx cases that do this basically. Just have the gpu blocked on one side and then have top to bottom for an aio.

Basically what it come down to is that both parts run a bit cooler but not that much. I mean you are going to probably have SLIGHTLY better cooling but end up spending A LOT to achieve it whilst also getting a hotter running 4090 so basically negating it.

If you really want to optimize cooling do ducting.

Always been BY FAR the best way of cooling components as you for an airpath. It's what they do for basically anything that has a set design and needs decent cooling.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You can buy itx cases that do this basically. Just have the gpu blocked on one side and then have top to bottom for an aio.

Basically what it come down to is that both parts run a bit cooler but not that much. I mean you are going to probably have SLIGHTLY better cooling but end up spending A LOT to achieve it whilst also getting a hotter running 4090 so basically negating it.

If you really want to optimize cooling do ducting.

Always been BY FAR the best way of cooling components as you for an airpath. It's what they do for basically anything that has a set design and needs decent cooling.

Ok fair enough. I was working with untested theory's. Its one of these things that if cold air from the bottom is pushing hot air to the top then it could provide cooling.

3 minutes ago, Carigun said:

Ok fair enough. I was working with untested theory's. Its one of these things that if cold air from the bottom is pushing hot air to the top then it could provide cooling.

Convection becomes a negligible variable to moment almost ANY force airflow is introduced.

As convection is basically a pulling force. The air pulls and pushes on itself and accelerates. The tiniest breeze breaks that chain.

It's why convection airflow in any active cooling scenario is rarely ever even thought of as a variable during design. It's too weak a force to matter.

If you harnass it tho you can actually do a lot like a radiator for warming your house. But that is a quite closed off box with clear in and out so the convection force is protected and can happen.

A pc case is just about the worst place for it since there is so much turbulance, random airflow,... it's simply not happening unless there is a specifically designed cooler and case. Not something you can do at home by just putting components in a different way.

There are convection pc cases and they work quite well. They are just EXTREMELY expensive since there is a lot of engineering required for the airflow they need to generate to cool the hardware.

So basically tldr convection is a negligible weak force that in any normal pc doesn't and can't matter enough to do anything. So just get a normal good airflow case.

or do some ducting if you wanna be fancy 😛

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Convection becomes a negligible variable to moment almost ANY force airflow is introduced.

As convection is basically a pulling force. The air pulls and pushes on itself and accelerates. The tiniest breeze breaks that chain.

It's why convection airflow in any active cooling scenario is rarely ever even thought of as a variable during design. It's too weak a force to matter.

If you harnass it tho you can actually do a lot like a radiator for warming your house. But that is a quite closed off box with clear in and out so the convection force is protected and can happen.

A pc case is just about the worst place for it since there is so much turbulance, random airflow,... it's simply not happening unless there is a specifically designed cooler and case. Not something you can do at home by just putting components in a different way.

There are convection pc cases and they work quite well. They are just EXTREMELY expensive since there is a lot of engineering required for the airflow they need to generate to cool the hardware.

So basically tldr convection is a negligible weak force that in any normal pc doesn't and can't matter enough to do anything. So just get a normal good airflow case.

or do some ducting if you wanna be fancy 😛

ok

If you can't 3D print ducts,  use cardboard or rigid paperboard. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If you can't 3D print ducts,  use cardboard or rigid paperboard. 

I am not gonna do ducting. I was exploring this idea based on a theory which I don't think is widely tested. As I thought air going over a flat against the side wall GPU, Motherboard and CPU would provide a boost to cooling as the air can freely go over then out the top. I just lack a degree in physics.