is it worth changing the thermal paste on a rx 6700xt reference card?

As the title suggests i've been using my rx 6700xt for almost 2 years now, never really monitored the temps since i've got the card after the release brand new.

Warranty is almos over and i was thinking about repasting it just to be sure.

My current temps are around 75c after a good hour of gaming. Hotspot is usually 10 to 15c higher. This with the default fan profile. With fans on 85% the card runs cooler by around 5c. Also was thinking of adding some thermal pads under the backplate so it will actually make contact with the card and dissipate some of the heat generated.

I am open to suggestions.

Should i change the paste and add some pads to the backplate or it is not worth it with my current temps?

Thanks in advance,

Cris

Not really worth it. The paste won't harden up after only 2 years. While you might be able to get slightly lower temperatures with a fresh application of quality thermal paste, it doesn't matter much. 75˚C is not that high. Even 90˚C would be fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Not really worth it. The paste won't harden up after only 2 years. While you might be able to get slightly lower temperatures with a fresh application of quality thermal paste, it doesn't matter much. 75˚C is not that high. Even 90˚C would be fine.

Well hotspot reaches 90c sometimes with fans on auto but i guess that's fine for this generation of gpu.

Thanks for the suggestion.

23 minutes ago, Cristian Ilies said:

As the title suggests i've been using my rx 6700xt for almost 2 years now, never really monitored the temps since i've got the card after the release brand new.

My current temps are around 75c after a good hour of gaming. Hotspot is usually 10 to 15c higher. This with the default fan profile. With fans on 85% the card runs cooler by around 5c. Also was thinking of adding some thermal pads under the backplate so it will actually make contact with the card and dissipate some of the heat generated.

Should i change the paste and add some pads to the backplate or it is not worth it with my current temps?

Thanks in advance,

Cris

How much will it cost you to do this?

22 minutes ago, Cristian Ilies said:

Thanks in advance,

Cris

Don't expect miracles, but it can't hurt to repaste it, will also allow to clean it thoroughly and check/replace pads 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

5 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

How much will it cost you to do this?

Only the thermal pads around 10usd and 30 minutes of my time.

Paste i have some hydronaut left, idk if thats good for gpu though.