What does everyone think

SpicyWheatPeppers

Why not the 12600KF for 155 or even the 12600K for 180 ? I'd go for the latter. I like having an igpu as backup. Oh, I see, because of the included cooler...

H610 ? must this be ? Asus TUF GAMING B760M-PLUS WIFI D4 for 125 ?

CL22 ? must this be ? CL16 for 30 (and nowadays 32GB makes sense)

500GB ? you sure ?

By the way, I'm pretty happy with my 3060 but AMD is supposed to be the better deal

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

A 500 GB SSD as my boot drive and I don’t care about WiFi or overclocking and I don’t care about ram speeds that much mainly because I don’t notice a difference. But if it’s better then I’ll switch it out but the build is stability based.

Slow memory but I'm most saddened about the motherboard. Very likely to throttle itself with any decent CPU and no real upgrade path later down the line to something like a 13600K let alone i7's or i9's.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

8 minutes ago, SpicyWheatPeppers said:

@venomtailHere’s some updated info 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ntBmDZ

Okay although i don't have much to any PC building experience, heres my thoughts. The i5-12400F is a pretty solid budget choice for a CPU, with the 3060 fitting pretty well too. 16gb of RAM should be enough for gaming. Only suggestion is to possibly change the case? the case is quite small, and the acrylic side panel is not the best material.

13 minutes ago, SpicyWheatPeppers said:

@Waffle_paradoxwell I have that case from my friend I got it for free

Then go ahead if you'd like, getting a case for free can help you stay on budget (or well any item for free)

2 hours ago, SpicyWheatPeppers said:

@Waffle_paradoxwell I have that case from my friend I got it for free

Decent thing to get for free. Whats your budget and purchase region? 

4 hours ago, SpicyWheatPeppers said:

as my boot drive

Even this is not enough. I would get 1TB minimum, some apps love to have access to C: without interference of it being installed on other drive letters, and Squirrel GUI-less Installer always default to C: on basically 99.99% of cases and a lot of apps like Discord uses it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 hours ago, SpicyWheatPeppers said:

@venomtailHere’s some updated info 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ntBmDZ

You can get a 7600 for less, performs the same as 3060 at worst and usually better.

PC has close to no path for upgradability. If I were you, I'd either buy used or suck up a bit of short term FPS for better future upgradability and FPS.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker