My most painful PC build is done.

AlexTheGreatish

What was the solution for turning it on remotely? He mentioned that in the beginning of the video, but never elaborated on it.

Relating to the GPU thickness limitation....

Please please cover why GPUs are so so fat and why there isn't a single fan RTX 4070 (it's ~200W just like the single fan 1080/2070/3060Ti). or something like the 1080Ti Mini for the 4070Ti

ignoring GPU efficiency getting better, we should also be getting better "cooling per liter" over time, not worse.

You can always do noise normalized or temperature vs decibel tests etc.

also undervolt+PL removes ~25% power draw w/ at MOST 5% perf loss because benchmark fetish ig

hypothetically you could do ~220W 4080, there are people who have modded 4070/Ti, as in individual hobbyists, not 100s of PAID ppl at a company who can't seem to make a product that already existed

Remember when Galax made the single slot 1070 Katana and then since then there has been no consumer single slot cards that are >140W? (Closest is RTX A4000) Maybe it was loud/hot but it's 50% more cooling per liter than even the other small GPUs.

On 10/14/2023 at 5:20 PM, zuglug77777 said:

So, this is really jumping the SHARK.

WHO could possibly care?

WHO needs this kind of set up?

WHO would waste their time and money ;

1. optimizing a gaming platform for children who don't need or COULD even care about the thinness of the rack mount system.

2. HOLY HECK, you know there are real problems in the world.

3. HOLY FLYING FOX BATS, you have nothing to say about real issues regarding technology, either the application or the distribution of and how it affects society.

4. HOLY COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, 

Yeah....if you really just wanted to set up servers for your gaming house of WASTE, IDK, you could just have a standard server room in the basement like any spendthrift.

Does no one else see the complete IRONY and OBVIOUS HYPOCRACY of this site???

Reviews on ELECTRIC CARS ....because that will save the environment.

Blogs on wasting the most time and money humanly possible to waste time gaming and burn as much resources as possible on complete useless entertainment.

WAIT,..... No, those aren't the same goals???????

dude who gives a fuck

This was a fun video of him trying a fun concept

53 minutes ago, zuglug77777 said:

Half dozen posts  indicate that does not resonate with wide appeal or application.

Wow, 6 whole people don’t like the video? What a failure. Someone better tell the 1.4 million other viewers.

why dont you use a Optical usb 3 cable and a hub, it cost like $180 , those usb boxes, your promoting "but not listing the price" are $2500 each. i got 33ft of 10mbps running just fine. also that passthru is Jank, Koolance has had one for 20+ years that works better and EKWB just came out with the same one. and use quick disconnects on the ends. Koolance has all the parts. i could build that whole thing for way less money  Cough"10 GBE $550! "  it is cool, but you really rushing it, or NOT Researching well enough. 2U chasis???? because if you pull out yours and evons 4U you will have more room. i live in a 1 bedroom apartment and have more rack space than you, you just could of bought another rack used. ill make my own video in a few months, and im gonna go with 2U or maybe 1U. i like the series, but your off the rails on just the 2 parts costing $3,000 

On 10/15/2023 at 2:20 AM, zuglug77777 said:

So, this is really jumping the SHARK.

WHO could possibly care?

WHO needs this kind of set up?

WHO would waste their time and money ;

That's only if you very narrowly look at what's presented to you.  Many adults who game may consider centralizing their gaming setups once they move into a home larger than a single room. Buy a gaming computer and a Playstation for the TV? Buy multiple gaming setups? Or use the same box and stream across the house? Steam Link exists for a reason, and that reason is that a lot of people want to play their games in another place than their gaming computer is. Streaming isn't perfect, so attempting the direct attach method shown here isn't even all that crazy. This is just the same concept as Steam Link turned up to 11 (and duplicated because Linus has a load of kids). Not to mention thin client computer is bog standard in the enterprise world, so pretending thin client gaming is stupid is a stretch at best.

One thing that's great about the internet is that lots of people try dumb stuff and report about it. Some of those dumb things turn out to actually be a good idea, and the rest serves as a warning and entertainment. I mean, I'm not running a media company, nor do I have the resources Linus has, but I've experimented with a couple of unholy concepts myself. Some were more successful than others, and I learnt from all of them.

For myself I'm currently trying to work out a house wide gaming setup which is functional, convenient, and doesn't involve duplicating expensive components many times over. I considered virtualizing the gaming box, but partly due to LTT's videos I crossed off that option, as anticheat turns out to dislike VMs.

On 10/15/2023 at 2:20 AM, zuglug77777 said:

Reviews on ELECTRIC CARS ....because that will save the environment.

The kind of electric cars that are reviewed are clearly playthings in a similar vein as a lot of the other stuff we see. I though we moved past the "electric cars are for treehuggers" phase a decade or so ago.