Rtx 4060 ti and ryzen 5 5600x, will stuttering in games be a problem?

O_Bsnacks

So, right now I currently have a rx 6900 xt and its overkill for my system and causes stuttering all the times, but I am giving it to my brother because he is building an extremely high end pc but he doesn't care about the gpu because he wont be gaming so I told him if he bought me the rtx 4060 ti ill give him my reference rx 6900 xt. But will my ryzen 5 5600x bottleneck it where it get bad stutters?

Trading a 6900 XT for a 4060 Ti seems like a bad deal, especially if your brother doesn't need the GPU power.

I'd check to make sure whether stuttering is really caused by a CPU limit. You could always increase graphical details or resolution to compensate.

~edit: maybe you should clarify what exactly you mean by stuttering. Low frame rate, inconsistent frame rate, ...? Also what games and settings.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

Trading a 6900 XT for a 4060 Ti seems like a bad deal, especially if your brother doesn't need the GPU power.

I'd check to make sure whether stuttering is really caused by a CPU limit. You could always increase graphical details or resolution to compensate.

~edit: maybe you should clarify what exactly you mean by stuttering. Low frame rate, inconsistent frame rate, ...? Also what games and settings.

I have been on so many forums explaining my issue and tested everyones theory to see if someone is wrong with the gpu and they in the end its just a cpu bottleneck. I have a ryzen 5 5600x and rx 6900 xt and it stutters all the time and I dont care really because of it I never game anymore and its just sitting collecting dust. I just wanted to know what a better buy would be a rtx 3060 ti (more specifically the asus tuf 12gb) or 4060 ti(gigabyte eagle)?

7 hours ago, O_Bsnacks said:

I have been on so many forums explaining my issue and tested everyones theory to see if someone is wrong with the gpu and they in the end its just a cpu bottleneck. I have a ryzen 5 5600x and rx 6900 xt and it stutters all the time and I dont care really because of it I never game anymore and its just sitting collecting dust. I just wanted to know what a better buy would be a rtx 3060 ti (more specifically the asus tuf 12gb) or 4060 ti(gigabyte eagle)?

In that case a CPU upgrade would be the more obvious choice, rather than a downgrade to a GPU that's ~40% slower. Personally I'd try to find a solution that doesn't require a hardware swap, but it's your choice.

The 3060 Ti has 8 GB. Only the 3060 non-Ti comes in a 12 GB variant. The 4060 Ti comes in 8 or 16 GB. The 16 GB 4060 Ti tends to be overpriced for what it offers. Manufacturer is largely irrelevant, the performance difference is minimal. I'd probably try to get a used 3060 Ti for a good price. The 4060 Ti is about 10% faster, so it shouldn't have price difference higher than that.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply