Gaming Monitor Issue(Displaying vertical lines every so often)

Missouri_Sniper

Hello,

I recently purchased a 165hz / 1080p gaming monitor and pc parts for a new gaming setup I built. After I got the system built and started playing some games on it I ran into an issue. The monitor displays vertical lines across the whole screen and will happen at seemingly random times. If I leave the monitor off for 10 mins or so It starts displaying the image correctly again. The few posts I could find online state that this could be an issue with the monitor being to hot or cold. Something else to note is that it's the whole screen displaying these lines not just stray lines here and there. Also, the monitor does still do this when I have the display cables disconnected from the display and the pc. So it is definitely an issue with the monitor. I'm not to tech savvy when it comes to this stuff so I was wondering if it could be the way I have it configured? Or if the monitor is just bad. The color of the lines also change between multi colored or just plain white or gray20231006_200157.thumb.jpg.d787d0bf5efa8a0cbeb72e577184eec0.jpg. Either way I have another one on the way but wanted to see if there was a fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sounds like it could be the monitor overheating, but a similar issue developed with me when I upgraded my gpu. I wasn't getting good enough thermals and my gpu would get too hot, thus causing artifacting. I would say that it is either your gpu or monitor overheating.