Issue with Monitors Displaying

EmanSza

So I have a MSI Radeon RX 7900 XTX Gaming Trio Classic 24G and three monitors, I run a MSI MAG301CR2. and another MSI Ultrawide with a third basic monitor thats HDMI (the MSIs are both DP)

So it started a week or two ago with one monitor being black and saying no signal on start. after some restarts and whatnot it works again. today I had the same issue but decided to investigate.

I found out that the middle DP port on my gpu seemed to be causing the issue, plugging my DP cable from that port and moving it to the leftmost (when looking at the ports) port seemed to resolve it, but I wanted to double check so I restarted my PC. now on restart it seemed to be happening again, so I checked my displays on windows and it was appearing, but in 1080x980 at 50hz or a resolution of that kind, while it was being detected it was not outputting, after unplugging it and plugging it back it it worked buy my bottom monitor (main) was getting a white grainy overlay on it, so I reset windows drivers (WIN+CTRL+SHIFT+B) and it worked, once again I wanted to see if it would work and I restarted. now none of it was working until I unplugged one monitor, the other two would work. I plugged that monitor back in and unplugged my other MSI monitor, and the OTHER two started working. so at this point I decide to plug that monitor back in and unplug my third monitor (HDMI monitor) upon doing so my OTHER TWO monitors start working. and now I am here. no idea how to continue from this point on.

PC Specs
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (planning on upgrading)
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 7900xtx
RAM: 2 Sticks of 16GB  TForce Ram

Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk max

Power Supply: Corsair RMx1000 Watt

Update: attempted to DDU again and revert drivers. going back a month in drivers doesnt fix the issue. im at the point now with the original port that was causing issues now says the proper resolution but the monitor isnt getting any signal 

Video of the issue

• 2 weeks later...

So this is real bad, last week my pc started running into issues when all three monitors were plugged in, one would stop working. and issues with flickering would happen.  So I decided that all symptons lead to the GPU being the issue. so I RMAed it. I got my new one in today AND, no luck. this thing is still having issues.

I am just stuck no idea how to proceed.

This post describes the exact issue I had.

My next steps are to redownload windows, and if that doesnt work do a bios reset

I am thinking it may be the motherboard so I plan to buy a new one today if those does not work.

Any other suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Does the flickering happen to all monitors? I'd double check or try to replace cables first as you may have some laying around or them being the cheapest to get a spares of.

Without buying anything, grab a flash drive that does not have any important data on it, and create a live linux USB to boot from. (something like ubuntu) Follow these steps here https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview (note: this will not overwrite your current OS unless you explicitly tell it to install, for now you'll literally just be using the flash drive to boot the OS)

Does the flickering still happen while in this operating system? If not, I would definitely try DDU your graphics drivers on your current OS and reinstalling them. If not, trying a clean install of windows wouldn't hurt as long as you have a way to back up any of your important data beforehand.

Report back after trying these troubleshooting steps.

-Threads merged-

Please refrain from posting multiple topics about the same issue.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Does the flickering happen to all monitors? I'd double check or try to replace cables first as you may have some laying around or them being the cheapest to get a spares of.

Without buying anything, grab a flash drive that does not have any important data on it, and create a live linux USB to boot from. (something like ubuntu) Follow these steps here https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview (note: this will not overwrite your current OS unless you explicitly tell it to install, for now you'll literally just be using the flash drive to boot the OS)

Does the flickering still happen while in this operating system? If not, I would definitely try DDU your graphics drivers on your current OS and reinstalling them. If not, trying a clean install of windows wouldn't hurt as long as you have a way to back up any of your important data beforehand.

Report back after trying these troubleshooting steps.

I am currently redownloading windows on my desktop, if this still doesnt work ill quickly go out and get new cables but I dont think they are the issue as all three monitors work with their cables at different configurations.

As shown in the video in the thread. when all three are plugged in, the top one and the right monitor flicker, but not by going black. its almost like the screen size is changing constantly and its giving off that kind of effect. ill report back once windows is done installing

Hopefully a new windows install does the trick. If not, the first thing I would try is keeping the "screen orientations" at the default locations before changing them over. (I'm talking about this screen)

Spoiler

jZdh5Yb.png

the reinstall of windows appears to fix the issue? I don't think ive been this pissed in a while. Thank you for all the help and Ill send a message here if it continues to happen