A good, cheep, Tower cooler with possible upgrade path?

BotherRed

Need a good tower cooler for an older PC of mine that I am giving away to a friend, but don't want to buy them something that'll cool only the chip that I have in the system right now, but would like to give them headroom for any possible upgrades they might do. 

The current chip is I7-7700K.

How cheap is cheap?

Basically any cooler you buy now new is going to come with mounting hardware for current Intel (LGA 1700), "legacy" Intel (LGA 1200 and the the LGA 115x sockets from the previous ~15 years), AM4, and AM5. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

How cheap is cheap?

Basically any cooler you buy now new is going to come with mounting hardware for current Intel (LGA 1700), "legacy" Intel (the LGA 115x sockets from the previous ~15 years), AM4, and AM5. 

I was thinking like 60-70. I haven't gotten to sit down and watch a lot of Gamer Nexus reviews like I wanted to; life has just been...busy lately.
But I remember him covering some of the newer players in the market, which seemed to be pretty good for that price. 

Deepcool AK620 seems to be a popular choice.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Peerless assassin/phantom spirit 120 or whatever other similar derivative, usually 30-40$ and very good performance for that price

Thermalright FC140 and PS120 are the best coolers that I have used on AM4.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X