Best gaming monitor

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a new gaming monitor and i cant seem to find a real winner except for maybe the

144z monitor showed in one of Linus video's, but it seems this monitor has been around for some years and

was wondering if there are any other monitors that have great colour reproduction combined with spec like 144hz that could beat the Benq?

minimal specs:

- 120/144hz

- 1080p

- 1-2ms response time

I want to spend around 400,- for this monitor, im even willing to go up to 500,- if its worth the money :D

I hope you guys can help me decide.

Welcome to the forum!

Be prepared for a wave of 'get an IPS display' below...

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Get an ips display

Just helping cacao xD

Welcome to the forum!

Be prepared for a wave of 'get an IPS display' below...

I have that exact monitor myself and I can tell you two things. Firstly it's amazing for gaming and still looks good for everything else. Secondly they have a newer version that you might as well get instead  http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2420z

It's basically the same panel but I think they tweaked some of the added features that I don't really use ^^

Frankly if you can get the TE version cheaper I would get that..

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Wow what a fast response xD

But wich IPS monitor would be a good contender against the specs of the Benq one?

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a new gaming monitor and i cant seem to find a real winner except for maybe the

BenQ XL2420TE 144z monitor showed in one of Linus video's, but it seems this monitor has been around for some years and

was wondering if there are any other monitors that have great colour reproduction combined with spec like 144hz that could beat the Benq?

minimal specs:

- 120/144hz

- 1080p

- 1-2ms response time

I want to spend around 400,- for this monitor, im even willing to go up to 500,- if its worth the money :D

The XL2420TE has been re branded to the XL2420Z. I have a friend who has one, and it looks amazing.

Secondly they have a newer version that you might as well get instead  http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2420z

It was re named.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Wow what a fast response xD

But wich IPS monitor would be a good contender against the specs of the Benq one?

Well...none of them, they can't do 120-144Hz. They have better viewing angles are more accurate colours, it's a totally different sort of monitor. Depends on what your priorities are as to what you might prefer.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Well...none of them, they can't do 120-144Hz. They have better viewing angles are more accurate colours, it's a totally different sort of monitor. Depends on what your priorities are as to what you might prefer.

Personally I'd say 144hz is better for gaming no matter what your priorities are. I have used both for gaming and frankly 144hz just looks better than really good colors. That BenQ is a great display and you will probably be satisfied with it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Personally I'd say 144hz is better for gaming no matter what your priorities are. I have used both for gaming and frankly 144hz just looks better than really good colors. That BenQ is a great display and you will probably be satisfied with it.

I have to agree with that, using one myself right now. I won't get an IPS as my main monitor until I get one that does at least 120Hz without dodgy overclocks :x

I think il order the newer Benq XL2420Z 

Really apreciate the help guys! Thanks alot :D 

Hey guys,

144z monitor showed in one of Linus video's, but it seems this monitor has been around for some years and

minimal specs:

- 120/144hz

- 1080p

- 1-2ms response time

Just wait for it to be available http://rog.asus.com/296652014/news/rog-announces-the-pg278q-swift-27-inch-wqhd-g-sync-gaming-monitor/

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65