New Build - PC won't turn on, panic has set in, please help!

Duzzaaaa1

Hello,

As title said, I can't get the PC to turn on and I'm starting to panic quite a lot.

Please find the description of my parts:

MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6400Mhz (CMH32GX5M2B6400C36W)

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

No GPU at the moment (7600X has integrated graphics)

ThermalTake GF1 750W PSU

Thermalright Frozen Notte AIO

As far as I can tell, everything is plugged in as it should be. The motherboard has 2 x 8 pin CPU power ports, but I've only used 1 x 8 pin as PSU didn't come with a second.

For the life of me, I can't work out why the computer won't even turn on (no fans, lights, nothing). I looked at the EZDEBUG lights on the motherboard and the VGA one is yellow (doesn't look like the others are coloured).

Things I have tried:

- Installing my old GTX970 into the pc (which definitely works). The light by the PCI-E slot was on when the computer was off, which is initially telling me that the PSU isn't the problem? VGA light is still yellow though

- Connected old working PSU to new motherboard, no change (which again suggests PSU is fine)

- Originally had Lexar ARES RAM (LD5EU016G-R6400GDWA) but I found out later that this is incompatible, and therefore switched to the Corsair Vengeance that 3rd party says is compatible.

I'm not particularly computer savvy, and not really sure what the next step is here. Slightly panicking at this stage, please help!

31 minutes ago, Duzzaaaa1 said:

Hello,

As title said, I can't get the PC to turn on and I'm starting to panic quite a lot.

Please find the description of my parts:

MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6400Mhz (CMH32GX5M2B6400C36W)

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

No GPU at the moment (7600X has integrated graphics)

ThermalTake GF1 750W PSU

Thermalright Frozen Notte AIO

As far as I can tell, everything is plugged in as it should be. The motherboard has 2 x 8 pin CPU power ports, but I've only used 1 x 8 pin as PSU didn't come with a second.

For the life of me, I can't work out why the computer won't even turn on (no fans, lights, nothing). I looked at the EZDEBUG lights on the motherboard and the VGA one is yellow (doesn't look like the others are coloured).

Things I have tried:

- Installing my old GTX970 into the pc (which definitely works). The light by the PCI-E slot was on when the computer was off, which is initially telling me that the PSU isn't the problem? VGA light is still yellow though

- Connected old working PSU to new motherboard, no change (which again suggests PSU is fine)

- Originally had Lexar ARES RAM (LD5EU016G-R6400GDWA) but I found out later that this is incompatible, and therefore switched to the Corsair Vengeance that 3rd party says is compatible.

I'm not particularly computer savvy, and not really sure what the next step is here. Slightly panicking at this stage, please help!

can you updload a picture of the bottom half of the mainboard please?.. 

most beginners fail to populate the JFP1 correctly.. it's at bottom left of your mainboard. with a screwdriver try to short pin 3 and 4 from left on this cluster.. top row. this is usually where the power switch should be plugged in. 

33 minutes ago, Duzzaaaa1 said:

Did you check your motherboard manual to see if there is a specific one you should plug into if you aren't using both?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

10 minutes ago, Robchil said:

can you updload a picture of the bottom half of the mainboard please?.. 

most beginners fail to populate the JFP1 correctly.. it's at bottom left of your mainboard. with a screwdriver try to short pin 3 and 4 from left on this cluster.. top row. this is usually where the power switch should be plugged in. 

I resent the "beginner" comment, but I did try shorting the mobo pc on at JFP1 about 30 min ago and it did turn on okay. double checked the connections and they are all 100% correct, so looks like a dodgy case cable!

Better than alternative problems it could have been XD. 

12 minutes ago, Duzzaaaa1 said:

I resent the "beginner" comment, but I did try shorting the mobo pc on at JFP1 about 30 min ago and it did turn on okay. double checked the connections and they are all 100% correct, so looks like a dodgy case cable!

Better than alternative problems it could have been XD. 

well you said you wheren't that computer sawy. 

good you found the fault, i would call/mail case manufacturer for switch replacement. you can usually swap them. 

or RMA the case. 

for test if it's not a block connector but single connectors.. you could connect the reset switch to the power_SW jumper pins.