Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. When raid configuration was built, ensure to set SATA configuration to raid mode.

bcolla
Go to solution Solved by Bad5ector,

Do what the message says, go into your BIOS and set SATA to RAID mode, reboot and then I imagine you'll have to boot into the RAID configuration and delete a "ghost array". Then try switching SATA mode back to AHCI or whatever you had it set to previously.

I just installed my new motherboard and every time i turn my pc of and on again i get this message shown in the picture and for the computer to start up it usually takes 1 minute while the ram debug light is on to get to the AMI screen. I have updated all my drivers and bios. The weirdest thing is that i have not connected any sata drives the motherboard because i don't have any. I have installed the 2tb 980 pro in the pcie gen 5 slot and the 970 evo plus 500gb in the pcie gen 4 slot on the left. I dont know what i can do to fix this error message and the pc works but i find it really annoying that my bios resets everytime i turn off the pc for a certain amount of time (even if i only let the pc hibernate).

This is my Config:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z87Zfy

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 20.26.08.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 20.26.08.jpg

mb.jpeg

Do what the message says, go into your BIOS and set SATA to RAID mode, reboot and then I imagine you'll have to boot into the RAID configuration and delete a "ghost array". Then try switching SATA mode back to AHCI or whatever you had it set to previously.

It probrably has RAID enabled and it's looking for a RAID setup and it's seeing the two drives you have in already, thinking those are supposed to be in RAID config.

Disable RAID in the BIOS under your HDD/SATA drive settings and try again, also be sure these drives are set for ACHI too.

If you did setup a RAID config with those the above suggestion is how to address it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

20 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

My SATA drives where in RAID mode so i think that was the problem but im not sure