Merino T-shirt grammage/weight

Hi,

you do not have fabric weight info on any of your T-shirts. It didn't bother me that much for normal T-shirts, but not having it specified for the Merino one is raising a lot of red flags for me.

Linus said to compare the price with competition, and that you are quite competitive, but that comparison can't be made if we do not know the fabric weight.

Good Merino T-shirts have a grammage around 180g/m² - 160g/m², ok-ish have around 130g/m² - 120g/m², anything 100g/m² and below is just not really worth it.

A Merino T-shirt with fabric weight of 160g/m², from a good quality shop, costs about 65$ to 70$ (a final price, including VAT etc.), compared to your T-shirt which is 73$ (including 21% VAT and 12% customs, ignoring shipping, handling etc.).

So if your fabric weight is 160g/m² or more, then you would be competitive, if it's 100g/m² or lower, I would hardly call that competitive (a 155g/m² 89% Merino 11% Polyamid, with sleeves from 98% merino costs about 24$ here).

Please, add the fabric weight info to the store.

Thank you.

gonna back this one - it's a topic that returns every so often.. and having the information there is just better.

maybe poking @LMGcommunity will get this to the right place?

I like the idea.  Their RGB t-shirts are also thicker than their graphic t-shirts.  Not sure if the description outlines that but in my case, I was pleasantly surprised

On 9/17/2023 at 1:11 AM, MiChAeLoKGB said:

you do not have fabric weight info on any of your T-shirts.

Please, add the fabric weight info to the store.

On 9/17/2023 at 2:17 AM, manikyath said:

gonna back this one

The merino shirt is 180gsm, and that information has also been added to the product page.

5 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

The merino shirt is 180gsm, and that information has also been added to the product page.

Thank you. It would be really nice if you added the fabric weight info to your other products (T-shirts, sweatpants, sweatshorts), since you produce a lot of clothing and that is one of the metrics people look at, yet you do not disclose it anywhere.

It would bring you closer to not being "just a merch store" 🙂

Thanks again.

On 9/17/2023 at 4:11 AM, MiChAeLoKGB said:

Good Merino T-shirts have a grammage around 180g/m² - 160g/m², ok-ish have around 130g/m² - 120g/m², anything 100g/m² and below is just not really worth it.

A Merino T-shirt with fabric weight of 160g/m², from a good quality shop, costs about 65$ to 70$ (a final price, including VAT etc.), compared to your T-shirt which is 73$ (including 21% VAT and 12% customs, ignoring shipping, handling etc.).

So if your fabric weight is 160g/m² or more, then you would be competitive, if it's 100g/m² or lower, I would hardly call that competitive (a 155g/m² 89% Merino 11% Polyamid, with sleeves from 98% merino costs about 24$ here).

This might technically be slightly off topic but do you know if merino t-shirts because of the merino wool even if they are black t-shirts tend to be not quite as bad to wear when it's sunny out as the concert graphic black t-shirts?

I don't know much about fabrics or t-shirts and for the last couple years mostly have just worn sports shirts whenever I expect to be outside for more than 30 minutes because the heat/sun for normal shirts gets uncomfortable fairly quickly.