LCD for AIO

tdkid

not sure if this belongs in CPU cooler, displays or what as its not asking for help in selecting something, just looking for general information. what i want to know is has anyone here bought one of the corsair icue link AIOs and tried to put the LCD upgrade onto it? the site says you cant but 2 videos from corsair show you can.

Nope, you can't. On Corsair's official website's there isn't an LCD version/upgrade kit for the Link series. If you don't mind the extra wires and really want that LCD screen then go with an Elite Capellix XT LCD.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

As of right now like I said there isn't an LCD version BUT it's planned for later this year. If you buy a Link series you'll be able to upgrade it when the upgrade kit comes out.

Source:

4 minutes ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Nope, you can't. On Corsair's official website's there isn't an LCD version/upgrade kit for the Link series. If you don't mind the extra wires and really want that LCD screen then go with an Elite Capellix XT LCD.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

As of right now like I said there isn't an LCD version BUT it's planned for later this year. If you buy a Link series you'll be able to upgrade it when the upgrade kit comes out.

Source:

i have the corsaor icue link h170i RGB. but the issue is that these 2 videos show what is clearly the icue link AIOs and they have the LCD screen on them. 

There are circular LCD screens designed to be put on top of the block of an AIO and which connect to a USB header that you can buy on Amazon. 

Can't attest to the quality of any of them and the few reviews generally indicate the software for them is pretty wonky. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 9/17/2023 at 2:13 AM, tdkid said:

i have the corsaor icue link h170i RGB. but the issue is that these 2 videos show what is clearly the icue link AIOs and they have the LCD screen on them. 

The official corsair LCDs ship out in Q3.

The video probably shows a sample since they dont even turn on the pc.

5 hours ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

The official corsair LCDs ship out in Q3.

The video probably shows a sample since they dont even turn on the pc.

yeah i looked into it more after my comment and they are different connectors. but these icue link LCDs will not ship out in Q3 since we are in it and almost to Q4. the Qs are Q1 Jan-Mar, Q2 Apr-June. Q3 July-Sept, and Q4 Oct-Dec.

1 hour ago, tdkid said:

yeah i looked into it more after my comment and they are different connectors. but these icue link LCDs will not ship out in Q3 since we are in it and almost to Q4. the Qs are Q1 Jan-Mar, Q2 Apr-June. Q3 July-Sept, and Q4 Oct-Dec.

Sorry, I mean Late Q3-Early Q4.

4 hours ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

Sorry, I mean Late Q3-Early Q4.

well Q3 ends Sat. the 30th of this month so going off of that. i would say we might see these mid to late Q4 maybe Q1 of the new year.