How do you clean laptop/monitor screen?

paulyron

When there are spots on your laptop screen or monitor screen, what do you use to wipe it that is safe to use?  Clorox or Lysol wipes are safe or not?  What about rubbing alcohol on paper towel on toilet paper?

I recalled a while back I used those walfort contact lenses wipes on it and they seem to be fine.  I don't have any of those now but are those the best for these things?  Also what about an iphone or tablet?  I mean in clorox wipes pictures, they do say you can use it to clean electronics but does that mean laptop or monitor screen or iphone or ipad screen?

18 minutes ago, paulyron said:

When there are spots on your laptop screen or monitor screen, what do you use to wipe it that is safe to use?  Clorox or Lysol wipes are safe or not?  What about rubbing alcohol on paper towel on toilet paper?

I recalled a while back I used those walfort contact lenses wipes on it and they seem to be fine.  I don't have any of those now but are those the best for these things?  Also what about an iphone or tablet?  I mean in clorox wipes pictures, they do say you can use it to clean electronics but does that mean laptop or monitor screen or iphone or ipad screen?

Don't use alcohol on monitor screen.

I mainly only use microfiber cloth & clean periodically.

A warm damp microfiber if I really really need it, then wipe clean with a dry microfiber.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

DO NOT EVER USE ALCOHOL ON A NON GLASS SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!

You quite literally wipe away the coating and ruin the display

What you want is some simple screen cleaner with a microfiber cloth

Glass screens tolerate a lot more but some desktop monitors do have a coating on the glass which can be destoryed by alcohol still

I just use a loosely wadded paper towel moistened with water most of the time. Non-ammonia glass cleaner (like Invisible Glass) works great for taking oily spots off. My non-touch screens only ever get dusty because I try not to touch the panels. If you don't make finger oil spots where dust can stick to, it tends to lift right off.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.